The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 8-12 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Developing projects from a detailed business requirements, working through solutions and managing execution and rollout of these solutions, in the context of an overall consistent global platform
- Create T-SQL queries/stored Procedures/Functions/Triggers using SQL Server 2014 and above version.
- Design/Develop SSIS packages to pull data from various source systems and load to target tables.
- Data warehousing design and implementation.
- Involve in to end to end delivery starting from gathering requirement, analysis, design and development as an individual contributor.
- Work on existing system as well as enhance and develop new liquidity system/models.
- Develop Dashboards and Reports using Qlikview/SSRS.
- Document requirements, process flows etc.
- Work on BAU JIRAs and also do some levels of L3 support related activities whenever required.
- 10+ years of experience in T SQL queries/stored Procedures/Functions/Triggers development using Sql server 2008 R2, 2012, SQL 2014.
- 7+ years of experience in design and development of SSIS packages.
- 7+ years of experience in developing dashboards and Reports using SSRS.
- Should be very strong in database concepts.
- Good to have knowledge of workload automation.
- Good to have QlikView exposure.
- Good to have Finance Domain knowledge
- Experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Highly motivated, needs minimal hand holding, Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong Analytical and Problem solving skills; ability to analyse data for trends and quality checking
Relevant Technologies: SQL Server/SSRS/SSIS/SSAS, Dot Net, QlikView, Unix Shell Script
Required Skills & Programming Languages: DBMS, RDBMS, T-SQL, Data Warehousing, Autosys.
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IN
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.