The Applications Development Manager is an intermediate management level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to lead applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Ready to handle Development work as an Individual contributor
- Possesses excellent understanding of Application infrastructure components and deployment design for high critical and high availability applications.
- Take ownership for maintaining/supporting front/back-office applications
- Requirement Analysis, Design and Implementation
- Responsible for feasibility studies and setting up of new or revised applications component.
- Utilizes good understanding of apps development procedures and concepts from a general and infrastructure point of view, basic knowledge of other technical areas to identify and define necessary system upgrades.
- Solves least complex problems through evaluation of business processes, system processes and industry standards; uses evaluative judgment to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Applies good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area.
- Assesses the applicability of previous or similar experiences and evaluates options under circumstances not covered by procedures.
- Communicates ideas and information in a concise and logical manner
- Together with the partner teams, user community, business analysts and eCommerce management contribute to innovative & best-in-class solutions for our business
Development Value:This position gives an excellent opportunity for the selected candidate to play a significant role in an exciting and critical business within Citi. As a member of our highly acclaimed Technology team, this role provides the opportunity to participate in and shape the expansion and pre-eminence of our Business working together with our team of highly skilled technologists. The opportunity to work in back-office application space spanning multiple asset classes in a high-velocity & high availability environment is, of itself, an exciting proposition. We believe it is even more special to do this as part of Citi, a premier financial institution that is one of the biggest and best in the market, and as a part of our team that has a high visibility for our work both inside our larger organisation as well as in the global Capital Markets world.
The position will enable you to leverage Citi’s incomparable geographical reach, product richness, and engineering expertise and to translate these into a successful and top-of-the-class product offering for our customers.
- 8+ years hands on experience
- Experience in supporting Multi-tier applications
- Excellent analytic & problem solving skills
- Experience in application infrastructure components with focus on Design, maintenance and support of medium to large enterprise/distributed systems
- Excellent knowledge in troubleshooting, performance tuning and best practices
- Familiar with all phases of the systems lifecycle, from analysis, design and development and deployment.
- Experience in end-to-end set up of mission critical applications
- Knowledge of the FX/MM/FI market and products is very desirable
- Infrastructure components like Web server, App server, Middleware messaging systems.
- Good understanding of platform support procedures and concepts
- Ability to guide the juniors
- Sound knowledge and hands on experience of Performance tuning and trouble shooting of production systems
- Experience in analyzing production issues from technical and functional (application process) point of view and fixing them within defined SLAs
- Experience in understanding and implementing policies and defined security standards both from technical and organizational point of view
- Working Experience on High Availability Systems
- knowledge on Linux operating system
- knowledge on UNIX commands and shell scripting
- Experience in Infrastructure design will be an added advantage
- Graduation/Post Graduation qualifications in Computer Engineering (preferable) or any Engineering stream with a very good academic record throughout
- A high degree of Analytical ability and Quantitative skills is desirable
- Innovative and Positive ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Ability to make effective judgements on available data / knowledge
- Planning and Organizing – Ability to identify the steps to be taken to achieve objectives
- Resilience – Used to working towards tight deadlines, under pressure and using appropriate coping methods to stay focused
- Accountability –self start on goals and achieve targets
- Strong team orientation and commitment to overall team success; willing to go above and beyond to ensure team success; intense customer focus and commitment to driving quality
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IN
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.