Hi. We are ASOS!
Here at ASOS, we want to give everyone the confidence to be their best self, because, when you’re at your best, you can achieve amazing things.
ASOS is the UK’s number one fashion and beauty destination, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Technology is at heart of this business growth and by delivering incredible solutions we’re able to pioneer the technical innovation needed to keep our 20-something market engaged, the cloud based architecture to support our global reach and the agile engineering methods to deliver value fast.
Our Technology team pioneer incredible solutions that change the way our millions of customers can access fashion. We believe that fashion can make you look, feel and be the best version of you and it’s this feeling of empowerment that we want our ASOSers to experience while working with us.
Our ASOSers reflect the diverse society they live in; we celebrate our differences and welcome people from all different walks of life. We’re looking for people who can live and breathe our values of being authentic, brave and creative and we don’t care about labels - we recognise there are endless ways to be ‘you’.
Sound like a place you’d love to be? Come and join us!
ASOS is the no.1 fashion destination in the world and to achieve that we need data. Data is the life blood of the ecommerce system that powers the ASOS experience. Without data we wouldn’t be able to, tell you the products we have on offer, ship to your address, record your returns, and identify when you should be getting rewards or recommend products that you might like.
Data engineering at ASOS is about ensuring that our data platform, is robust, secure, timely and flexible. We achieve this by being integrated with engineering practice and follow principles such as, agile development, continuous delivery, and continuous improvement. We are pushing the boundaries of data engineering to ensure we can be true to these principles
Cue Advanced Analytics… We work with big data, leveraging advanced data engineering, analytics and reporting tools/techniques to deliver an accessible store of enterprise data that can be used for business critical insights and recommendations and enable ASOS to be a Data Driven business.
If you are passionate about technology and data engineering, love hands-on development, you should work with us!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Work as part of cross-functional agile team on the design and development of a large-scale, high-volume and high-performance data platform.
- Build large-scale ingestion and transformation pipelines; incorporating modern cloud-based technologies and frameworks.
- Creating and maintaining analytical feeds, products and reports
WHAT SKILLS WILL YOU NEED?
- You have previous experience in a data engineering role and have worked with large-scale data environments.
- You’ll need experience with various big data integration techniques, business intelligence models (e.g. Kimball), as well as the technologies and products used to implement them i.e. how to deal with volume/velocity/variety in a performant way.
- You have worked with unstructured big data, including data modelling and processing techniques (ETL, ELT) for big data systems especially in cloud environments.
- You have some exposure / understanding of the Microsoft Azure platform especially: Azure Data Factory (ADF); Azure Functions; SQL Database; Azure Storage; Service Bus; Azure Data Warehouse (SQLDW), Azure Key Vault.
- You have an understanding of agile development practices, ideally having worked successfully with agile delivery teams.
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving and communications skills.
- You have database unit-test and integration test experience with automated testing frameworks and tools such as tSQLt, SpecFlow, Query Surge
- You have core programming experience of one of the following:
We’d also like to see:
- Experience with Azure Data Lake Analytics and U-SQL
- Experience with designing end user reports with a reporting tool e.g Power BI
- Understanding of Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark)
- Familiarity with infrastructure considerations for data and system integration.
- Broad knowledge of the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities:
- Integration tools such as TeamCity
- Continuous Delivery and Release Management tools such as VSTS and Azure Devops
- Source control tools such as Git and Team Foundation Version Control
- Experience in retail and/or e-commerce
What's in it for you?
- A truly unique and agile working environment where you’ll be surrounded by a diverse range of passionate experts, with two common interests: technology & innovation
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training and wellness rooms
- Tech Develops days– one day per month dedicated to developing yourself and developing others within Tech
- Tech Presents days- breakfast mornings to collaborate and share your work with other teams
- A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, ‘Give A Week Away’ opportunities to visit our charity partners in India, company-wide celebrations across Christmas and Summer to name just a few
- Huge staff discounts and sample sales
- Plus much more…