Date Posted: 2019-10-08-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Collins Aerospace, Commercial Aviation is looking for a Systems Engineering Architect. Reporting to the Assoc. Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for a wide range of solutions spanning network and software technologies. The candidate will work with customers, engineering management, program management, technical engineering leads across multiple disciplines, and engineering support groups. This is an engineering leadership position with focus on the full lifecycle of communications systems to provide solutions and support for both domestic and international customers. The organizational objective is to successfully design, develop, integrate, and maintain the network and software products that support product line in the connected aircraft arena. Backed by a team of experts in networking and airline cabin solutions, you will be the outward facing point of contact for partner and customer engagements.
The Role Will Have the Following Responsibilities
- Identify technical competencies needed and assist with technical staffing
- Develop IMS requirements derived from larger system and customer needs
- Develop solutions and/ or facilitate teams in development of solutions by engaging with IMS teams and Collins Aerospace teams to develop end to end solutions
- Develop engineering estimates to support the business case
- Prepare executive briefings on engineering status
- Travel up to 25% of the time
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
- Technical degree: BS, MS or strong equivalent experience
- Five years plus of experience in a technical implementation leadership role (project manager, technical lead or architect)
- Operations Support System and/or Business Support System Experience
- Business or program leadership experience
- Results oriented, resourceful and comfortable working under tight deadlines with a demanding set of internal and external customers
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to explain technical solutions to non-technical users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must; this position involves a significant amount of direct customer interaction
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills; candidates must be detail-oriented
- Team player with the ability to coordinate work with all team members
- Five plus years’ experience in a hi-tech sales/solutions engineering or systems/network engineering role
- Ability to conduct technical conversations with prospects ranging from staff-level engineers and architects to senior executives
- Aviation industry experience from Aviation IT department, airlines engineering, flight operations, MRO, or air traffic
- Satcom experience
- Wide area network experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.