What's the role?
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate talents to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
You will have the opportunity to work on some of the Denmarks biggest construction projects whilst at the same time receiving world-class training and development to take your career to the next level.
Who is Hilti?
Unless you work in construction, you probably haven’t heard of us. We’re a hidden gem.
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the professional construction sector. Our customers are loyal and enthusiastic about us - So are our people.
As an employee, we have recently been certified to be a Great Place to Work. Hilti offers the best of both worlds – friendly teams locally and roles across the globe combined with the opportunities only a company of 30,000 people spread across 120 countries can bring.
We continuously work to fulfill our values and develop our strong culture. A key in this work is diversity, where our employees' background, experience, knowledge, language skills and personalities enrich our company. There is diversity and an inclusive culture, we work hard with each day. Read more about our diversity and inclusion work on the link: https://careers.hilti.dk/en-dk/om-os/diversity-and-inclusion
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a two-year program, where you’ll quickly be involved in a range of international projects, with lots of exposure to senior management. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll closely coach and mentor you. The program is split into four main stages of work:
- 12 moths as an Account Manager in Denmark
- 3 months on an Operational Project at the national headquarters in Copenhagen
- 6 months on a strategic project at regional headquarters in Manchester, GB.
- 3 months on an international project outside the region. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll work in an emerging market, and vice versa.
We want your thirst to learn, courage to challenge and desire to improve things, including yourself.
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people.
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, we promise you the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management with an unlimited contract. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
- Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a qualification from IMD.
- Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioral profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
- Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
- Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia.
We really value our people and we’ve worked hard to develop a competitive reward package that reflects this. Some of the benefits we offer include
Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
- Private Health Insurance
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Fitness contribution
Why should you apply?
With the Hilti Outperformer program, you will have an accelerated career towards a commercial leadership role. We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- You’ve recently graduated, or you’re preparing to graduate in 2020, with a Master’s degree or PhD. Your degree is likely to be in business management, finance or engineering, but we’ll consider subjects like economics, politics or international studies if you can prove you have a mind for our business.
- You’ve spent at least three months, in a professional environment, like an internship, apprenticeship or work experience, or have just started your career and want an opportunity where you can perform well and progress.
- You’re multilingual – at least fluent in English and in Danish – and you’ve gained international experience during your work or studies abroad.
- You’re curious and committed, a flexible team player with good communication and social skills. You’re a global thinker, interested in general management topics, keen for for intercultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
How to apply
Click through the ‘Apply Now’ button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a few short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds. If we like what we see, you’ll be invited to complete a short video interview.
Once you’re in the formal process – you will be asked to complete a number of short online assessments and then a telephone interview with our Regional Talent Manager. From there you will attend a first interview with a member of the GB leadership team, a day-in-the-life ‘field ride’ to give you a real feel for the job and finally the assessment centre on the 28th February. We’ll also pay your expenses if you have to travel to meet us.
If you need any support with your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: 5th January 2020. We will continuously review incoming applications.
- Interviews: December 2019 and January 2020
- Assessment Centre: 27th and 28th February 2020 - located in Manchester, UK
Tempted to apply or find out more? Go to careers.hilti.com/outperformer-commercial