Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
SummaryPosted: 21 Sep 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200104193
Are you passionate about human physiology, health and wellness? Do you want to work in a challenging and fast paced environment? Do you aspire to contribute to meaningful scientific discovery and innovation? Do you want to make widespread impact on the health and wellness of billions of users by developing extraordinary products and features?
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- Good understanding of physiological monitoring equipment, measurement techniques and interpretation of results
- Experience with indirect calorimetry to measure energy expenditure for a range of activities and environments
- Ability to design tests isolating the impact of various factors (activities, environments, individual subject differences, etc.) on the physiological effects being measured
- Experience with biomedical sensors and platforms for measuring physiological signals in the health, wellness, and/or fitness
- Experience with exercise testing - how to conduct, interpreting results, determining when to halt testing, etc.
- Creative problem solver
- Strong data analysis & tools experience (Excel, graphical/statistical analysis tools, data science, etc.)
- Experience with Python, MATLAB, and/or R a plus
- In-depth knowledge of key fitness indicators
- Effective documentation skills
- Detail & execution oriented, meticulous, highly organized
- Driven to follow-through and carry projects through to completion
- Ability to excel in both individual and team settings
You will design and run user studies related to cardiovascular fitness, energy metabolism, biomechanics,measurement/tracking and other key physiological measurements. Experience in user behavior is a plus. You will be knowledgeable about the physiological effects being measured and how to avoid potential inaccuracy and experimental error due to DOE flaws and/or reference monitor (i.e. metabolic cart, etc.) usage issues. The role will need to apply relevant knowledge to the design of products and their testing/validation through user studies.
Education & Experience Education & Experience
Ph.D., Master’s or Bachelors in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Applied Physiology, Kinesiology or related fields.
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements
- Relevant experience in physiological, health, wellness and/or fitness sensors, devices, and applications a plus. Data Science skills are welcome.