Date Posted: 2019-09-16-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW702: P&W Autoair, Inc. 5640 Enterprise Dr., Lansing, MI, 48911 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
We have a phenomenal opportunity for a Quality Engineer at our PW AutoAir facility in Lansing, MI.
In this role, you'll provide quality assurance support to our customers, regulators and internal departments of the organization.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Develop and maintain QA procedures, plans, inspection standards, methods and techniques used by the Repair Station to ensure products comply with applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) and other Federal agencies regulations.
- Ensure products and processes meet engineering & customer requirements by applying configuration verification and internal audits.
- Review engineering documentation, documents Quality procedures and test plans.
- Collect and present Quality metrics on key process indicators.
- Provide on-site Quality support to both internal and external customers.
- Establish and maintain the Quality procedures and manuals for both AS 9110 and regulating entities and FAA FAR Part 145 regulations requirements.
- Serve as focal point for engineering, customer service support, and operations to investigate and resolve any quality issues.
- Perform product, process, and system audits and verify root cause analysis and effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions taken.
- Support precision equipment calibration department.
- Review and provide update on technical data changes, etc. as needed.
- Review training records, product first articles, etc.
- Implement of PPAP (Production Part Approval Process).
- Collect and analyze data to identify adverse trends and improvement opportunities.
- Represent quality assurance on new product start-up teams and identify QA requirements.
- Participate on cross functional team projects to improve the overall organization and to develop a career path and leadership.
- Willing to get cross trained on any other responsibilities of QA department as the need arises.
- Monitor quality management system in accordance with AS9100 requirements.
- Be engaged in continuous improvement activities of the organization.
- Approve and oversee outside vendor.
- Provide support to Calibration department as needed.
- Provide regular progress reports to Quality Manager and Corporate QA Department.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Bachelor of Science or Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Quality Engineering or equivalent field required.
- A minimum of 4 years of aerospace quality assurance experience required.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience is required in the following areas:
- Familiarity and comprehension of quality management system standards i.e., ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9102, AS9110, etc.
- Reviewing engineering documentation and has technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of Document Control and Calibration systems.
- Master of Science in Engineering with 1–3+ years of aerospace quality assurance experience.
- A&P License strongly preferred.
- Background in Aviation strongly preferred.
- Experience with FAA requirements for conformity documentation as required in Part 145 preferred.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative and can work independently.
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and accept any change for business reasons.
- Experience in using six sigma or continuous improvement skills such as problem solving utilizing investigation tools such as root cause analysis.
- Good communicator who is capable of formal and informal training.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations using state of the art media to small and large groups.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.