Pardon our dust! We are enhancing our application system to improve the Citi recruitment experience. Due to this upgrade you may be asked to create a new profile when you apply for a new job. If you submitted an application prior to July 21st you can view the status of your application and manage your documents via the Manage Existing link in the Create/Manage Profile drop down in the top right corner of this page.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi as made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Operational Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Provide support to the Senior Operational Risk Manager so a clear and comprehensive view of the “Health of Controls” is created and socialized with the business process owners for weekly, monthly, and quarterly Control updates to the executive management team.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Propose and implement technical solutions to drive toward control monitoring automation, simplification of front line control responsibilities, and automation of recurring reporting requirements.
- Provides support to internal CBORC partners and IBLs in efforts related to Policy and Governance Change, Cross Business Issue Assessment (CBIA), Operational Losses and Back Testing.
- Identify and escalate potential areas of risk and threats; implement strategies to mitigate operational or emerging operational risk.
- Ensure internal reviews and external examinations are well managed with clearly evidenced controls. Independently assess’ risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, risk for example.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Issues Management (KPI/KRI/Corrective Action Plans)
- Resolves transactional level escalations coming from the vendor or internal partners
- Analyzes a multitude of scorecards/performance management tools in an attempt to mitigate exposure (risk/financial/regulatory)
- Monitors goals are met through performance, risk and relationship oversight of our extended supply chain
- Collaborates to resolve any issues which fall within the terms of the contract.
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years experience navigating and networking across an enterprise utilizing internal and external resources Third Party Oversight/Vendor Oversight experience preferred Business writing experience preferred
- Proven ability to identify and implement technical solutions to improve risk identification, control monitoring, and improve efficiency of day-to-day tasks.
- Outstanding leadership, influencing and communications skills as the incumbent will be working with senior leaders across various LOBs, disciplines and support organizations. Must have proven ability to foster strong working relationships. Client relationship is key.
Demonstrated ability to provide effective challenge on new initiatives and changing strategies to senior management.
- Participate, present and lead in business governance decisioning forums and influence critical business decisions.
- Strong judgment, thought leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Can clearly articulate the process of supporting a business unit's function, controls, business priorities, impact on financial reporting, operations, issues and risks associated with various processes and platforms; can quickly identify gaps, effectively communicate and pro-actively develop solutions.
- Previous experience developing business controls and control monitoring. Business process re-engineering and/or analytics highly desired.
- 7+ years of direct, relevant experience in financial services, with enhanced knowledge of the business and channels to be supported.
- 3+ years of Project Management and governance experience with demonstrated ability to achieve milestones.
- Ability to provide effective challenge on new initiatives and changing strategies to senior management.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with people across multiple lines of business and with control partners.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.