ASOS Technology is going through an exciting period of transition and major investment. – this includes a number of strategic programmes to deliver the amazing technology and business solutions to support our ambitious global growth plans. At the heart of these plans is the rebuilding of our digital platforms and channels to provide the best shopping experience for our customers. Our plan is designed to enable us to really put our mobile experience first, enable personalisation and support a data driven organisation. We are also making significant investments in all our Buying, Merchandising, Finance and People systems with the latest toolsets and applications to accelerate the next phase of our global growth. We are also improving our ways of working within Technology to enable autonomous platform development and improve our engineering and agile practices.
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
We believe fashion can make you look, feel and be your best and, with technology in our DNA, we deliver the latest trends to our digital-obsessed 20-something market. Our award winning Tech teams sit at the heart of our business. We deliver technical innovation and pioneer incredible solutions, which are crucial to our continued success. We’re extremely ambitious and thrive on the individuality of our amazing employees. Our values encompass everything needed for our tech people to be the thought leaders of tomorrow.
The Role:We require an experienced Report Developer with advanced SQL skills gained in the finance and accounting domain to join us as part of the Finance Platform Team, responsible for developing and maintaining a suite of reports and automating several financial reconciliations. The platform uses a mixture of SQL and Power BI, the key technology expertise we are looking for is SQL. All requirements are captured and managed through VSTS/Azure DevOps.
The successful candidate will need to be able define and document business requirements, produce and validate report designs, troubleshoot problems, adapt quickly to a rapidly evolving retail environment and communicate effectively with stakeholders across several business disciplines including Finance & IT.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the design and development of Finance reports, engaging with key stakeholders to understand and translate business needs/reporting requirements
- Work with other reporting teams across ASOS to understand best-practice, to apply to Finance
- Design and develop reports and reconciliations with modern approaches
- This role may also involve the use of technologies such as Power BI and other data sources for reports in both cloud and on-premise infrastructure, so familiarity with these is highly desirable
- Assist the Technical Architect with the design and architecture of the BI environment
- Build constructive relationships with Finance, IT and the wider business, continuously managing stakeholder expectations
- Monitor the performance of reports and recommend improvements
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:Essential
- Expert knowledge of T-SQL/SSRS/Store Procedures and associated technologies on Azure SQL and SQL Server
- Expertise in designing, developing and maintaining SQL scripts for reports
- Adept at applying analytic techniques and integrating ad hoc data sources
- Reporting and visualisation (ideally Power BI but similar experience across SSRS, Tableau or QlikView would be sufficient)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to listen and understand business needs
- Displays sense of urgency, focused on achievement of deliverables to the highest quality in a pressured environment
- Finance or accounting background, able to train others how to use and adapt reports focused on finances
- A thought-leader – can help raise the bar at ASOS on how we use this tool
- Experience with Microsoft PowerApps, Flow and SSIS/Azure Integration Services, PowerBI is desirable
- Advanced Excel skills, preferably including VBA
- Good knowledge of database integration development
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations database and associated technologies such as BYOD, embedded PowerBI and Entity Store