Date Posted: 2019-09-12-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HMN03: S&IS (Sensors) - Burnsville Ea 14300 Judicial Rd, Burnsville, MN, 55306 USA
ollins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist the design and development of mobile applications (iOS and Windows UWP), cloud applications, test applications and/or embedded software
- Participate in individual and team development activities
- Specific tasks will depend on the current department and program needs and/or candidate skills
- Education / Certifications
Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, or in a related field from an accredited institution.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, or in a related field from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- Completed courses in software design, programming languages, data structures, cyber security, cyber threat detection and/or equivalent relevant software and security courses
- Strong communication skills
- Drive for results
- Willing and eager to learn and apply new skills
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.