Engineer Customer Vehicle Quality
Posted Date 4 hours ago(09/09/2019 13:06)
- Job ID
- Business Area
- Brussel (Evere)
Company InformationTOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
Education / Experience / Competence:
- Min. 4 years experience in similar function,
for example, field service engineer, quality engineer or manufacturing engineer
- Good fact finding and analysis skills in order to draw conclusions from the gathered data and information
- Stress resistance and good personal organization competences in order to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and negotiation aptitude in an assertive but diplomatic way in order to reach consensus and get buy-in
- Relevant education level, for example technical higher education or Bachelor / Master degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, automotive…)
- Willing to travel: 10 – 15% within Europe
- And last but not least, a passion for cars
- General mechanical / automotive knowledge
- Experience in manufacturing is an asset
- Knowledge and affinity with quality processes and tools is an asset
- Experience with technical problem diagnosis and problem solving is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- English (good spoken and written knowledge)
- Any other European language and/or Japanese is an asset.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- have strong planning and organization skills
- enjoy working in a team, with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with other people while showing a hands-on mentality
- have a Customer First mind-set
Your team and your responsibilities
Team/division description:For Toyota, quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for constant improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” (“continuous improvement”) and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customers satisfaction.
Customer Vehicle Quality is a vibrant and energetic team (25+ people), consisting of many nationalities from within Europe, as well as Japan. Our primary role is to resolve quality related concerns affecting the European markets. Additionally we also support many and varied markets where our European assembled vehicles are exported to, including countries outside the traditional European Region including Russia, North Africa, Middle East and Asia.
Your responsibilities:The role is focused on understanding field concerns, raised from our national markets. Through hands-on investigation and trend analysis, you will prioritise the quality concerns in the market.
In your role, you will be responsible to prevent the delivery of vehicles affected by these concerns to the market by taking appropriate action with the involved parties (R&D, In-House Manufacturing, Purchasing, Logistics, Suppliers, etc.). You are responsible to develop an appropriate countermeasure, ensure its timely implementation and define a repair method for the vehicle already produced.
In case some vehicles are already delivered to the final customer, you will be responsible to assess the risks linked to these quality concerns through the existing process and cooperation with the involved parties. You will propose, following your activity, how to develop a suitable pro-active repair strategy.
As responsible Engineer your role is to reduce critical technical items in a timely way, bringing a strong sense of satisfaction and fulfilment.
Building on your experience gathered through these activities, you will drive projects to apply Kaizen to our operations and to improve our cooperation with related divisions.
OptionsApply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed