Forventet start 1. nov
Institut for Forretningsudvikling og TeknologiBirk Centerpark 157400 Herning
Tidsbegrænset fuldtidsstilling 1. nov 2019 - 31. okt 2021ID: 1670
The Department of Business Development and Technology () at Aarhus BSS, Aarhus University, invites applications for a research assistant position. The position is a fixed-term employment (two years). The starting date is 1 November 2019.
The position is linked to the “supply chain competitiveness research project in Danish multinational corporations”, which is a two-year research project funded by Aarhus University. The project intends to define and measure supply chain competitiveness by:
- Identifying the factors influencing supply chain competitiveness.
- Identifying the complex interactions between the factors influencing the competitiveness of supply chains.
- Investigating the relations between time and supply chain competitiveness; in other words, will a once competitive supply chain always remain competitive?
Job descriptionThe research assistant will assist the academic staff in:
- Establishing and maintaining contact to Danish multinational corporations.
- Collecting primary and secondary data on supply chain competitiveness using tools such as interviews, surveys, meetings, workshops, documents, participant observations and enterprise resource planning databases.
- Analysing data using a host of data analysis techniques such as content analysis, simulation, regression, etc.
- Preparing documents and presentations to be disseminated at workshops and conferences.
Applicants for a research assistant position must hold a Master’s degree or a PhD degree preferably in the field of industrial engineering, decision science or supply chain management or equivalent academic qualifications. Candidates with international publications and industry experience will be preferred. Proficiency in written and oral English is a prerequisite.
Who we areBTECH is part of Aarhus BSS, Aarhus University – a top 100 university. Aarhus BSS – and specifically BTECH – has achieved the distinguished AASCB, AMBA and EQUIS accreditations.
BTECH is located in the business-oriented and entrepreneurial city of Herning. The department excels in business and engineering disciplines and pays particular attention to company collaborations. We have around 1,800 students and close to 100 faculty and staff. In 2018, more than 500 students were involved in company projects in more than 250 companies ranging from SMEs to leading multinationals. Our incubator launches around 15 new businesses every year.
We influence society through business development and technology. For this reason, many research projects are conducted in close collaboration with industry on the basis of new data and new technologies. These projects are generously supported by H2020, the Independent Research Fund Denmark and the Danish Industry Foundation, among others.
More information about the department is available .
Further informationFor further information about the position and the department, please contact Head of the Department Anders Frederiksen, tel.: +45 61620207, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need help uploading your application or have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact HR Supporter, Regitze Margrethe Arnbjerg, tel.: +45 87152174, email: email@example.com.
International applicant?Aarhus University offers a broad variety of services for international researchers and accompanying families, including relocation service and career counselling to expat partners: . Please find more information about entering and working in Denmark here:
Terms of employmentThe appointment is made in accordance with the as well as the circular on the (in Danish).
The job content and qualification requirements are described in further detail in the .
Application procedureWhen you apply for this position it is mandatory to attach the following:
- One-page motivation letter describing why the candidate thinks that s/he is the most suitable candidate for the stated position and how s/he can contribute to the project.
- Curriculum Vitae. You are encouraged to declare any periods of leave without research activity, including, for example, maternity leave, since your research activities are assessed in relation to your actual research time
- Education (diploma for master's, PhD and possibly higher doctoral degree)
- List of publications (the enclosed publications must be clearly marked on the list of publications)
- Publications. Up to three publications may be submitted. In the event of several authors the publications must be accompanied by a co-author statement concerning the applicant's share of the collaborative work with the consent of the co-authors. Please use this template.
- Teaching portfolio. The specific requirements regarding the documentation can be found
Materials which cannot be uploaded together with the application may be submitted in three copies to Aarhus BSS HR & PhD, Aarhus University, Tåsingegade 1, 2nd floor, DK-8000 Aarhus C.
Read more about how to apply for an academic post at Aarhus BSS
The evaluation processAfter the application deadline, an assessment committee is appointed. Please note that the assessment of applicants is based solely on the material received prior to the application deadline. For further information, see .
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of their personal background.
The application must be submitted via Aarhus University’s recruitment system, which can be accessed under the job advertisement on Aarhus University's website.