ASOS burst on to the scene in 2000 and hasn’t looked back. We are the UK’s number one fashion and beauty destination, and as a recent survey showed, we are the second most visited fashion website on the planet. With over 100,000 product lines across womenswear, menswear, footwear, accessories, jewellery and beauty, we’re setting the pace in a worldwide fashion revolution. With thousands of new product lines being introduced each week, we’re ambitious and we certainly know our stuff. We ship to 237 countries and also have specific sites targeting the USA, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Russia, Sweden The Netherlands, Poland and Denmark.
The ASOS Way
We do things a certain way - The ASOS Way. It’s our DNA and runs through every single thing we do here - it defines who we are, what we do and how we do it. Some things change, these don’t.
We are Passionate; we are proud to be a part of ASOS, we always give our best and we celebrate our successes.
We are Customer Obsessed; we know our customers love fashion and we understand what they want, we know our stuff inside and out, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We Restlessly Innovate; we don’t stand still, we give it a go and we’re brave.
We are Collaborative and Respectful; We work together to get the job done, we grow ideas from within, we make things happen and we do the right thing.
People are the future of our business and we have really big ideas. We know we need people who can turn these ideas into reality – it’s our people that make the difference.
A bit about the Team:
Social media is an incredibly powerful communications channel. As a member of the Content Team, you will be a champion for ASOS’s social channels, ensuring we consistently publish great native content, develop our creative approach and focus on innovation on existing and emerging platforms. You will work closely with the Social Media Senior Manager, making sure we are actively using the insight you gather. And you should always be thinking about impact, results and learnings - everything we do should be with the aim to contribute to the social (and therefore Brand Experience) objectives, in a measurable way.
The social team is a part of the Content Team, which sits within Brand Experience.
This role will create audience-focused reports for ASOS social channels both on a regular (i.e. monthly) and irregular basis (i.e for a specific content franchise). You will also be required to support the wider Data Analytics team who will report at a business wide level.
Responsibilities, these include but are not limited to:
- Utilising our reporting tools to create great, audience-focused reports for all our social performance.
- Provide analysis of what's working and what's not working and feed that back to the social and creative teams to inform their creative output and publishing schedules.
- Working with the senior social execs to iterate the strategies for each of ASOS’ social platforms based on the channels structure, algorithm changes and audience behaviour.
- Liaising with the content creators to ensure content is optimised for reporting – ie through tagging.
- Spotting gaps in our reporting schedule and, working with the Social Media Senior Manager, investigating new tools that can support.
- Joining the dots between reporting and action, working closely with the Senior Social Execs and Project Management team to support them in achieving this aim
- Actively creating a culture of best-practice within the team.
- Liaise with the Performance marketing team to ensure our approach to paid, boosted and organic social is joined-up.
- Assessing the performance of our competitors in order to provide comeplling industry benchmarks
- Working with the Marketing Analytics Manager to provide an overview of social listening to the wider social team.
- Ensure distribution is being thought about at the concepting stage to ensure platform and format is optimised. How is that content going to be promoted? How will it perform?
You will have 1-3 years experience at a social platform, PR/content/media agency or brand, and will have an understanding of how to build audiences and seed content. Some specific skills we’re looking for include:
- Experience in writing social media reports across BAU and campaigns.
- Experience in writing social media channel strategies for multiple platforms.
- An enthusiasm for social and digital trends and culture.
- An understanding of the 20something audience.
Empowering 20-somethings to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things
At ASOS our 2,000+ ASOSers are immersed in the creative worlds, live on their mobiles and have a truly entrepreneurial attitude. As a company, we’re not trying to mimic or profit from youth culture – we are part of that youth culture.
There’s nothing that excites us more than finding talent, fuelling it, then letting it fly. Whether it’s developing the careers of our staff or investing in a new tech platform, we love knowing that we truly keep fashion moving forward.
Ultimately, we get excited by interesting individuals and we want to feed this individuality, empowering our people and customers to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things.