ASOS Technology is going through an exciting period of transition and major investment. – this includes a number of strategic programmes to deliver the amazing technology and business solutions to support our ambitious global growth plans. At the heart of these plans is the rebuilding of our digital platforms and channels to provide the best shopping experience for our customers. Our plan is designed to enable us to really put our mobile experience first, enable personalisation and support a data driven organisation. We are also making significant investments in all our Buying, Merchandising, Finance and People systems with the latest toolsets and applications to accelerate the next phase of our global growth. We are also improving our ways of working within Technology to enable autonomous platform development and improve our engineering and agile practices.
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
We believe fashion can make you look, feel and be your best and, with technology in our DNA, we deliver the latest trends to our digital-obsessed 20-something market. Our award winning Tech teams sit at the heart of our business. We deliver technical innovation and pioneer incredible solutions, which are crucial to our continued success. We’re extremely ambitious and thrive on the individuality of our amazing employees. Our values encompass everything needed for our tech people to be the thought leaders of tomorrow.
Application Support AnalystAs an Application Support Analyst for Application Services - eCommerce, you will be working in a zealous team located at our headquarters in London. We are part of a bigger Service Operations crew that provides Database Services, Service Desk, End User Experience, Service Delivery and Core Infrastructure. Service Operations is itself a part of the wider ASOS Tech family.
Our Mission Statement in Service Operations is to Maximise value, Demonstrate the purpose of what we do and to Make tech effortless … every time, so our Application Support Analysts must possess a passion for superlative service and fast-paced technical delivery, particularly for front and back end eCommerce technology!
What Will I Be DoingApplication Services – eCommerce is a 2nd line team responsible for reactively resolving incidents, problems and events relating to the front and back end eCommerce stack, as well as proactively preventing service, system and application disruption. So, you will be;
- Responsible and accountable for 2nd line resolution of incidents, problems and events in line with Service Level Agreements and / or Operational Level Agreements
- Supporting Service Delivery Managers, (Major) Incident Managers, Problem Managers, Change Managers and Release Managers, to provide a superior service delivery
- Collaborating with 1st line resolvers (such as Service Desk and Operations Bridge), 3rd line resolvers (such as Core Infrastructure, Database Services and Platform DevOps teams) and 4th line resolvers (such as Third Party Suppliers), to ensure service stability and operational readiness
- Providing Subject Matter Expertise, advice and guidance during Service Transition, on elements such as Key Performance Indicators, run books and monitoring & alerting, working in conjunction with Service Transition Managers
- Working alongside Senior Application Service Analysts to proactively analyse diagnostic data such as log files, error queues, error messages and exception reports, to identify risks and issues, maximise site availability and provide Continual Service Improvement
- Undertaking other application support activities that fall within the team’s remit, such as automation, manual workarounds, maintenance, upgrades, report writing and scripting
- Informing and collaborating with other areas of ASOS Tech and ASOSers from across the business, to provide the best possible service to our asos.com customers (we are customer obsessed!)
- Providing out-of-hours On Call Support, as part of a team rota
Who Would We LikeWe pride ourselves on our Continual Service Improvement initiatives and being Agile and Lean, so you will be a forward-thinking Application Support Analyst with a keen interest in all things eCommerce. You will also have;
- previous experience working with front and back end eCommerce technologies, such as Content Management Systems, Methods of Payment, Order Processing and Order Fulfilment is a must
- previous experience with Application Performance Management software, such as Grafana, Kibana, New Relic or Application Insights would be an advantage
- previous experience with an IT Service Management solution, such as ServiceNow, Zendesk, Touchpaper or Remedy would help
- a good working knowledge of Structured Query Language [SQL], particularly T-SQL, as you will be interacting with relational databases on a daily basis
- a knowledge of Microsoft Azure Services, Operations Management Suite and Service Bus, as well as an awareness of cloud computing would help
- a good idea of how an eCommerce architecture hangs together, as you will be working in a Microsoft Windows environment, looking at Windows server and event logs, restarting application services, diagnosing issues with IIS and application pools and dealing with Akamai redirects
- a basic understanding of Application Programming Interfaces [API]
- a strong desire to reactively analyse our application stack, providing Root Cause Analyst and a superior level of service in an Information Technology Infrastructure Library framework
Why work for us
- A truly unique and agile working environment where you will be surrounded by a diverse range of passionate experts, with two common interests: technology and innovation
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training and wellness rooms
- Tech Develops days – one day per month dedicated to developing yourself and developing others within Tech
- Tech Presents days – breakfast mornings to collaborate and share your work with other teams
- A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, ‘Give A Week Away’ opportunities to visit our charity partners in India, company-wide celebrations across Christmas and Summer to name just a few
- Huge staff discounts and sample sales
- Plus much more…