Pardon our dust! We are enhancing our application system to improve the Citi recruitment experience. Due to this upgrade you may be asked to create a new profile when you apply for a new job. If you submitted an application prior to July 21st you can view the status of your application and manage your documents via the Manage Existing link in the Create/Manage Profile drop down in the top right corner of this page.
The Real Estate Risk Analyst I is a trainee professional role. Requires a good knowledge of the range of processes, procedures and systems to be used in carrying out assigned tasks and a basic understanding of the underlying concepts and principles upon which the job is based. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Makes evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information. They are expected to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents. Must be able to exchange information in a concise and logical way as well as be sensitive to audience diversity. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own job. Oversees risks taken in connection with real estate activities which includes extension of credit that are secured by liens on or interests in real estate, direct and indirect private equity and public market real estate investments, capital markets, construction lending, servicing any consumer or commercial loan undertaken when real estate security or real estate activity, or an asset sale, or a refinancing is contemplated as a first way out.
- Utilize basic knowledge and understanding of credit and risks across the various real estate sectors and an opportunity to develop skills in credit analysis, capital structuring, and the ability to identify, quantify risk and conceptualize risk mitigation solutions.
- Assists Sr. Analysts in preparing financial analysis, risk assessment, Credit reviews and analytical support for specific accounts and projects across Citi Real Estate.
- Assist in collecting Collect real estate specific industry research, equity research reports, existing Citi real estate database information, and debt capital markets trends. Work with Bankers and Sr. Analysts in preparing financial analysis, risk assessment, Credit reviews and analyticals for specific accounts and projects across Citi Real Estate. Support Work with Bankers and Sr. Analysts in research required for property-level credit analysis, including but not limited to extensive research on property-specific market conditions, market demographics, and historical operating performance.
- Assist Work with Bankers and Sr. Analysts with the preparation of portfolio risk analysis, ad-hoc regulatory requirement needs, and other ad-hoc assignments.
- Help iIdentify and analyze situations that create risk and legal liability for Citi, utilizing various resources
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Previous risk experience preferred
- Knowledge of financial services, knowledge of Citi is a plus. Knowledge of the elements of Risk Ability to analyze situations that create risk and legal liability for Citi.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor or post-graduate degree in Business or other related quantitative disciplines
- Minimum 1-2 years of risk management experience in Unsecured Lending Products
- Highly numerate, good communication, interpersonal skills and ability to motivate others with leadership potential
- Highly numerate with sound knowledge in SAS programming, data mining and MS word / excel / access / PowerPoint
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.