Job DescriptionThe Staff IT Auditor is responsible for the completion of engagement sections related to IT audits, as well as other assigned projects. The Staff auditor should have knowledge of audit methodology, practices and procedures and is expected to continue to learn from daily job experience and the study of internal audit standards, procedures, tools, and techniques. The Staff Auditor will demonstrate and maintain technical competency in IT audit areas, develop working relationships with personnel from various functional areas and develop a solid understanding of the business and industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Prepare client document requests and assist as requested with planning activities
- Complete detailed work programs for assigned areas to ensure that audit objectives are accomplished
- Conduct interviews with Company personnel and document business processes, risk and controls within assigned areas
- Plan, perform and document testing procedures in accordance with professional audit standards and Stryker IA Policies
- Perform and utilize data analytics tools and techniques
- Keep supervisors (Senior Manager, Manager, Senior) informed of the status of work and issues identified on a timely basis
- Adhere to project deadlines as well as engagement budgets for time and cost
- Assist with the preparation of audit reports and communication of findings to management
- Assist with the tracking and monitoring of management's action plans and remediation
- Document IS processes, risk and controls within assigned areas.
In order to be successful, you should have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Accounting/Finance with concentration in Management Information Systems or similar.
- Certification recommended (e.g., CPA, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, or other IT Security/Risk certification)
- At least 1 year of experience in Internal Audit, IT Risk/Compliance, or IT Security. Big 4 experience is preferred.
- Have ability to audit less complex IT controls based on defined procedures across a limited number of areas/technologies (e.g., IT General Controls, application controls, system implementations, cybersecurity, privacy, multiple database management systems, operating systems, ERPs).
- Unquestionable integrity and professionalism
- Positive attitude, desire to learn, self-motivated and an effective team player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to build effective relationships and promote customer focused solutions
- Highly proficient in computer skills including proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and process mapping applications
- Thrives in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- Must enjoy experiencing new things and learning different aspects of Stryker’s business
Work From Home: NoTravel Percentage: Up to 25%Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.