- Will build experimental apparatus, instrumentation or systems of moderate complexity.
- Will construct and inspect components and/or subassemblies of experimental apparatus or prototype model.
- Will submit periodic reports to supervisor on assigned topics.
- Will be required to comply with documentation procedures.
- Will work from engineering schematics and/or verbal instructions.
- Can perform basic tasks independently.
- Coordinates with Sr./Staff Technicians and or direct manager on priority scheduling
- Will have a high focus on Additive Prototyping (3D Printing)
- Attention to detail will be extremely important in many areas for this position
Physical Requirements include:
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The ability to work with small objects and/or component parts.
- Must have very good visual acuity and demonstrate fine motor skills.
- Must be able to use common office equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, etc.).
Preferred Work Experience:
- Basic blueprint/schematic reading skills.
- Basic comuter skills
- Ability to operate small hand tools (e.g. pliers, screwdrivers, hammer, wrenches, etc.), small power tools and common test/inspection equipment.
- Intermediate math and writing skills.
- Electrical/mechanical problem solving skills
- 3+ years related technical experience
- Interpersonal communication skills