Labor Relations Representative / ProjectsSave JobRemoveApply NowJob ID: 490782BRDate posted: Jul. 20, 2019City: Grand PrairieState: Texas
Description:Provides strategic Labor Relations advice and counsels client organizations in the administration of labor contracts, using metrics and analytics for business based decisions. Conducts workplace investigations related to workplace conflict and grievance disputes. Advises, counsels and coaches leaders in such areas as labor contract interpretation and company policy; employee relations; compensation; staffing and workforce planning; and culture in a unionized environment. This position will be heavily focused on Labor Relations support but does have the possibility to add either project works or Human Resources Business partner responsibilities depending on the selected candidate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consults and partners with multiple levels of leadership to achieve their strategic and tactical plans in a metric-oriented environment.
- Interprets and administers collective bargaining agreements and provide advice and counsel to management.
- Manages represented personnel transactions, investigations, and other daily operations of the Labor Relations function with in specified time limits.
- Ensures compliance with policy, State and Federal laws such as NLRB, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, and other workforce management laws and regulations as they pertain to the represented workforce.
- Prepares briefs and conducts or participates in the conduct of presentations at hearings.
- Interfaces with union representatives to build effective union-company relations.
- The individual may also support multiple organizations in all human resources initiatives and deliver HR initiatives and processes (such as Talent Management Process, Performance Management, promotion planning, rewards and recognition, etc.)
They must be a good communicator and be a collaborative team player who shares knowledge and best practices to drive organizational efficiency and integration. They should be a self-starter with the ability to effectively influence and communicate, build strong relationships and become a trusted adviser and change agent. Must demonstrate the ability to leverage subject matter experts from HR centers of excellence as well as other functions, proactively identify resources, analyze data, prepare thorough/sound staff work based on factual data, formulate actionable recommendations/options and/or propose effective solutions to drive HR and business initiatives to closure on deliverables. They will serve as a talent champion who assists in identifying, developing and retaining talent. Candidate will work closely with employees to confidentially handle their issues. They will provide support to managers on a daily basis to work employee relations and organizational issues.
Strong candidates for this position demonstrate responsiveness, analytical skills, coaching skills, and relationship building skill. Candidate should have systems thinking abilities and be able to identify opportunities for HR to engage effectively with management on strategic initiatives, demonstrate Human Resources value and ensure commitments to corporate initiatives are met. Maintaining a high sense of integrity, urgency and confidentiality are critical attributes for the selected candidate.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Labor Relations, or related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education
- Familiar with working in a unionized environment
- Previous HR functional skills/experience,
- Employment/Labor law knowledge,
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communications skills,
- HR policy administration knowledge,
- Prior use of Investigative skills,
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools,
- Strong analytical skills,
- Coaching and relationship building skills,
- Candidate should have systems thinking abilities and be able to identify opportunities for HR to engage effectively with management on strategic initiatives,
- Experience Maintaining a high sense of integrity, urgency and confidentiality.
- LMPeople system knowledge,
- Effective project management skills,
- Familiarity with factory operations in a union environment,
- Familiar with grievance procedure administration including settlement negotiations and contribution toward preparation of arbitration presentations,
- Experience with labor relations and/or employee relations - Collective bargaining experience and/or CBA management experience -Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Human ResourcesClearance Level: SecretType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: noWork Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2Shift: FirstApply Now