Mechanical Design Engineer
United States of America
Danfoss is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer at our Tallahassee, FL location. The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for contributing to the development of new platforms to expand the oil-free centrifugal compressor product portfolio (i.e., dynamic turbo machinery, magnetic bearings, permanent magnet motors and integrated power electronics), from definition of the customer/product requirements to concept validation and product implementation.
Background and Skills:In order to be considered for this position, you must meet the following criteria.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- 1-year experience in product development engineering, including Design for Manufacturing, familiarity with GD&T, and dimensional controls
- Permanent U.S. work authorization
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Define requirements and complete implementation for integrated compressor designs
- Model for component and system level designs including 2D detail drawings
- Analysis of component level design
- Work within defined standards to maintain product lifecycle management
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within product development, manufacturing engineering, and procurement groups to ensure manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability
- Participate in new technology research and development projects
- Deliver design documentation following project stage gates
- Support certification to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, UL and CE and ensure environmental and safety guidelines are applied accordingly.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position.
The job location is Danfoss, LLC, 1769 E Paul Dirac Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32310
Please direct any inquiries to Danfoss, LLC, 1769 E Paul Dirac Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32310. Attn: Christina Casey, Senior HR Manager. MUST APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.DANFOSS.COM
We are Engineering TomorrowThe world faces growing populations, booming urbanization and rapid climate change. At Danfoss, we engineer ready-to-use solutions to these challenges. We build energy-efficient solutions that reduce food loss and make cities cleaner – using digital technology to make systems smarter and more connected – and we engineer innovative new ways to save energy and transition to clean energy for the good of our climate.
Join DanfossDanfoss gives you unique opportunities to put your skills to good use, make an impact and shape an exciting career. We encourage employees to take charge, do extraordinary things and run the business like it was their own. Danfoss is respected around the world for its innovative, high-quality technologies and solutions. You will learn a lot by working with the experts who develop them. Join Danfoss to be part of a world-class team of over 27,000 people in 56 countries that engineer tomorrow and build a better future.
Please watch how Danfoss is engineering tomorrow
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
Auto req ID
Type of Position
Research & Development
Country / Countries
Location / Locations
Tallahassee / FL
DCS (Danfoss Cooling Segment)