Match Your Skills
- Primary Location: India,Haryana,Gurgaon
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Evening Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19036540
Key ActivitiesServes as a business compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) to provide compliance oversight for 1st line business and function activities and initiatives, with a focus on monitoring the 1st line’s controls and compliance risk management activities. Responsible for assisting with internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM Product and Function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet the function/business/product and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. Primary responsibilities include monitoring compliance risk behaviors and providing day-to-day Compliance advice relating to the supported function/business/product and guidance on function/business/product rules/laws and interpretation on internal policies and procedures.
Key activities include:
- Assisting in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
o2nd line of defense oversight for US Consumer Banking Operations, performing monitoring of key compliance risk and controls to ensure adherence to applicable policies and regulatory requirements.
- Providing guidance on rules and regulations relating to function/business/product operational issues, as well as, provide transactional approvals and interpretation of internal compliance policies.
- Assisting with regulatory inquiries and/or examinations. This may include coordination with regulators and other parties.
- Collaborating with other internal areas including: Legal, Business Management, Operations, Technology, Finance, other Control Functions, and In-Business Risk to address compliance issues which may impact the supported function/business/product.
- Supporting the function/business/product in performing timely compliance reviews of new products.
- Assisting in the development and administration of Compliance training for the supported function/business/product.
- Researching any new reform rules and rule changes and implementing policies, procedures or other controls necessary to comply with the rules.
- Exercising professional judgment and discretion in assessing compliance risk and providing credible challenge across the entirety of the 1st line’s controls and compliance risk management life cycle.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge and skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional partners to identify situations/issues, craft feasible and practical solutions, and drive implementation and sustainability.
- Ability to navigate a complex organization, influence without direct authority, and drive change.
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus
- Detailed knowledge of compliance monitoring methodologies.
- Detailed knowledge of US consumer credit related laws and regulations.
Experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or
legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; strong working knowledge of function/business/product supported and the
related operations and financial requirements
Preferred:MBA or JD a plus
Related certifications desirable