Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionOur Business Strategy & Operations team sets and drives key business initiatives across the company. We complement and support product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams across three critical areas: corporate and business unit strategy, business planning and sales operations, and business systems and tools development.
Role DescriptionAs a Data Scientist on the Insights team, you will help our outbound sales teams identify the most promising sales opportunities. Your focus will be on enabling these teams to work in a more enlightened way, using advanced analytics and AI/ML to understand customer behaviour, thereby helping us create a predictable, efficient, and frictionless sales process. You will also work closely with sales leadership, acting as a trusted thought partner as we make decisions about how to evolve our go-to-market strategy.
- Work on high-priority initiatives including (but not limited to) account prioritisation and opportunity identification/recommendation
- Partner closely with other data scientists to develop internal and external data sources to be used in propensity modelling and predictive analytics
- Establish scalable revenue-driving initiatives
- Conceptualise, design and build data-fuelled insights to help Dropbox improve analytics for prospects and customers. Examples include:
- Benchmarking: Develop comparative indexes that measure how companies compare to industry peers in key performance and usage metrics.
- Recommendation engine: Use real-time analytics to recommend ways in which customers can improve adoption and usage of Dropbox.
- Work closely with other team members and the business to develop metrics and insights that provide performance improvement.
- Master’s degree or higher in computer science, applied statistics, economics, etc.
- Experience as a data scientist in a fast-growing technology firm, or strategic project/program lead in management consulting or B2B software (ideally SaaS)
- Experience working with very large semi-structured data sets and integrating them into systems of record
- Ability to tackle complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with a unique blend of analytical, mathematical, and technical skills
- Highly detailed-oriented, extraordinary organisational skills, and execution bias
- Strong data-oriented scripting (e.g. SQL) and statistical programming (e.g. R or python)
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent at planning and project management skills
- Strong desire to take initiative; can flourish with change and be comfortable with ambiguity