Where good people build rewarding careers.Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The primary objective of the Field Sales Associate Trainee position is to learn about company sales and customer service practices and demonstrate the application and mastery of sales and leadership concepts that will lead the incumbent to a sales leadership position as deemed appropriate.
Development and Education Activities
- Successfully completes the education and development program for FSAT.
- Develops the skills and competencies necessary to transition to a front-line sales leadership position.
- Attends and participates in Pre-Center, New Agency Owner Education (NAOE), and Post-Center phases of the agency education curriculum.
- Works in a high performing agency for a specified period of time to successfully complete the selling and agency development requirements.
- Successfully completes the Field Sales Leadership development phase, including, but not limited to, the following regional education:
- Agency support (recruiting, agency establishment, agency development, inside sales support).
- Sales promotions
- Agency analysis (reports, demographic information, agency quality results, Property& Casualty (P&C) compliance and Financial Services (FS) securities supervision).
- Claims overview
- Completes FS sales, product and processing overview and education.
- Completes Designated Supervisory Principal (DSP) licensing requirements.
- Completes any other leadership and development workshops as deemed necessary.
- Participates in leader job shadowing across all sales functional areas (Sales Support Department, Agency Sales Leadership).
- Achieve successful results through P&C processes and AF processes
- Apply knowledge and skills learned during the Education Phase
- Demonstrate agency management and process skill development
- Understand agency office workflow, new business, cross line, and retention processes and other general office operating procedures and standards
- Gain knowledge and skills needed to be able to sell mutual funds, variable annuities and universal life products in a manner complaint within the securities industry regulations
- Demonstrate External & Internal selling skills
- Demonstrate TOI proficiency
- Develop skills necessary to appoint EAs as an FSL
- Understand the relationship between activity and results and be able to translate learning’s to the Agency Business Owner and their staff
- Understand Cash Flow, Incentives and Business Planning to assist an EA through the appointment process
- Develop interview and ‘closing’ skills
Market PrepDevelop the skill sets and core competencies to be able to:
- Build and maintain best practices for the successful development of new agencies/ AFS Process with existing & New Customers
- Assist new agencies in developing office organization and implementation of consistent repeatable processes to run their business
- Develop, communicate and execute processes for new business generation and renewal retention
- Assist new agents with Tier One or Tier Two Bonus achievement
- Ability to articulate, assemble and deliver information
- Perform administrative functions and utilize technology to achieve maximum effectiveness
- Capture, compile all information pertaining to agency visits via the prescribed management tool
- Develop Core Competencies which are a combination of complementary skills and knowledge bases that results in the FSAs ability to execute business objectives
- Demonstrate the application and mastery of sales and leadership concepts that are pivotal to a distribution leadership position
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5 years sales and/or sales management experience recommended
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Designated Supervisory Principal
Analytical and Technical Skills
- Understanding of pricing, claims, local market planning, sales trend analysis and marketing data.
- Ability to analyze trends, develops measurement systems, and develops corrective actions.
- Extensive P&C and FS product knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of securities supervision and DSP requirements.
- Knowledge of the industry including competitors and trends.
- Experience using Allstate technology – preferred (i.e. ALSTAR, My Agency Results, Agency IMPACT System, Dashboard, LCRT) and Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of Allstate Agency Standards, premium/profitability drivers, and process installation – preferred.
- Business consulting and sales skills knowledge and experience.
- Strong communication skills – Includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Problem solving skills – Uses judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues.
- Team building skills – Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team..
- Talent management – Fosters an environment that provides learning opportunities and support.
- Planning and organizational skills – Can engage resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Business knowledge and leadership skills
- Ability to develop effective internal relationships across business functions
- Overnight travel
Required Licenses (including certifications)
- P&C, Life and Health Licenses as appropriate for the state
- Industry certifications (preferred)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.