Where good people build rewarding careers.Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Provides paralegal support for Litigation Services attorneys. Prepares pleadings and motions. Under general attorney supervision, facilitates the discovery process, including: obtaining records, reviewing documents, interviewing clients, preparing trial materials, and summarizing and analyzing research. Identifies, summarizes, and monitors relevant issues.
- Review new file assignments, draft initial pleadings (e.g. answer, motion, etc.), and draft discovery
- Prepare brief to assist client in presenting case in small claims court
- Draft responses to discovery demands
- Assist clients in answering questions regarding discovery
- Review and serve responses to discovery demands
- Assist attorney in preparing materials for trial, arbitration or mediation
- Assist with the identification and summarizing of relevant issues; continually monitor issues and update attorney, as appropriate
- Review new and proposed legislation and determine applicability
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field -or- Paralegal Certificate required, American Bar Association (ABA) approved preferred
- Insurance-industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of legal holds and discovery processes
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify, prioritize and solve problems effectively regarding basic matters
- Ability to work in diverse, multi-office, and long-distance environment
- Basic budget management skills and ability to reconcile expense reports
- Basic project management skills and experience interacting with law firm/vendors
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Basic researching, proofreading, and formatting skills
- Ability to collaborate and interact with all levels of personnel and build strong relationships with business colleagues
- High degree of ethics and integrity
Job Qualifications (Cont’d)
- Strong interpersonal skills, advanced written and oral communication and effective customer service skills
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate corrective action within own workflow
- Able to deliver results with a sense of urgency
- Adapts well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Is a proactive self-starter who is able to manage his/her time effectively and work independently
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment