PROCESS BRIEF (Portfolio Services Engineering)Analytical Product Engineering is responsible for FactSet’s industry leading Portfolio, Risk, Quantitative, and Fixed Income products. These products are used by thousands of Asset Managers around the world every day to assist with investment decisions, analysis of performance, risk management, and the presentation of results. Analytical Product Engineering’s product space represents a high growth opportunity for FactSet.
SUB-PROCESS BRIEFThe Portfolio Infrastructure group is currently seeking a talented individual to take on the role of software engineer within the Portfolio Reconciliation Utility(PRU) team. The team is responsible for creation and enhancement of PRU. It is one of the highly used application among Factset clients which helps to find, investigate, and re mediate any analytic/returns data errors occurred in their portfolios that are being monitored as part of Portfolio Services.
In this position, the engineer will be participating as an individual contributor.
- Develop new features in PRU and enhance existing once
- Maintain and fix bugs in existing code
- Assist less experienced engineers in the team with project work
- Work with Portfolio Product Development to understand project requirements and work with other Analytics Engineers on the technical design of those solutions
- Provide regular project status updates to Team Lead
- Work with QA team to prioritize and resolve issues
- Provide project status updates to stakeholders
- 2-4 years of industry experience
- Experience with full life cycle application development
- Developing applications on UNIX (Linux or similar)
- Proficiency with C++ and Object-Oriented design principles, STL and Boost libraries
- SQL Programming (SQL Server or similar)
- Server side (node.js) typescript programming
- Parallel / Distributed Systems
- Experience building RESTful services
- Scripting experience (bash)
- Experience with debuggers (gdb or similar)
- Experience with varying levels of testing – unit, integration and regressions.
- Experience participating in both performing and receiving code reviews
- Experience with source control tools (perforce/git or similar)
- Agile development a plus
- B.Tech or M.Tech in Computer Science or equivalent