Job Description - Purchasing Intern - Spring 2019 (0051F3)
Purchasing Intern - Spring 2019-0051F3
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?We are seeking an ambitious individual to join our team as a Purchasing Intern in our Oxford, Ohio, location.
In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring the operational relations with suppliers within the strategy defined through cross-functional team collaboration and with respect of existing contracts. You will take part in the negotiation process regarding price level, and / or quantity, quality, and logistics. You will also track and report key elements/data on supplier performance.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Ensure the delivery and quality performance of the external supply chain.
- Generates, tracks and closes orders ensuring appropriate specifications and requirements are clearly outlined and maintained.
- Proactively track deliveries for material and services required for plant operations
- Resolve problems and discrepancies with quality, delivery dates, quantity, and invoicing of purchased categories and ensure implementation of the corrective actions.
- Propose and support implementation of cost reduction objectives.
- First escalation level for supplier crisis management
- Expedite materials and follow up with transportation and import processes
- Active participation on negotiating contracts with local suppliers and to secure procurement, payment terms, etc.
- Keeps informed of all new developments in materials, processes, and market trends to make recommendations to reduce costs and improve production.
This job might be for you if:
- Current undergraduate pursuing Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related majors
Ability to work part time at maximum 17.5 hours per week during the Spring semester
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.