New York, NY
A World-Changing CompanyAt Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
The RoleAs an Infrastructure Security Engineer, you are responsible for the security of Palantir’s people and infrastructure around the globe. Your technical expertise is second only to your integrity and real passion for security and technology in general. You work well on a team, are highly motivated and enjoy solving problems and taking on new challenges.
You're building, breaking, and securing the global infrastructure that powers world-changing products. You have a strong security mindset, are passionate about infrastructure, and are excited to harden our network and endpoints against all threats. You'll design, architect, and drive security posture changes for Palantir and work to make life hard for our adversaries.
- Design, architect, and implement defensive security controls across endpoints, servers, network devices, and applications.
- Provide security domain expertise on protective controls, to include system, network, encryption, and authentication services.
- Develop new ways of automation for identification, remediation, and validation of security issues.
- Perform security evaluations on new platforms, products, architectures, vendors, and services to protect Palantir data.
- Support Computer Incident Response Team operations to detect, contain, and eradicate intrusions.
- Work closely with other members of the Technical Operations team to determine and implement changes to the company's network defense posture.
What We Value
- Broad exposure to security disciplines and deep exposure in protecting one or more operating system platforms (Windows, OS X, or Linux).
- Strong programming skills with Python, PowerShell, Bash and similar.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, common protocols, and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of cryptography, authentication protocols, and PKI.
- Deep knowledge of modern adversary tradecraft, tools, techniques, and procedures.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance or willingness and eligibility to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience with public cloud service providers (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.).
- Experiencing building and maintaining enterprise logging pipelines (e.g. Splunk, Kibana, etc.).
- Experience with infrastructure automation platforms (e.g. Desired State Configuration, Packer, Terraform, etc.).
- Experience with network security devices including e.g. Palo Alto Networks (PAN) and Cisco ASAs.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job