PI Administrator - MaterialsApply now »
Date: Jan 11, 2019
Location:Plattsburgh, NY, US
PI Administrator - Materials-TAME-USPL01855937
DescriptionPI ADMINISTRATOR – MATERIALS
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-USPL01855937
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
DescriptionBased in Plattsburgh, New York, you will coordinate the distribution and inventory management of materials to allow efficient testing and comissioning, and product activities. You will solve supplier issues quickly and efficiently to ensure workflow and consign the levels maintained. You will also coordinate cost reduction processes related to component NDFs (No Defects Found), Non-Warranty repairs and RTP (Request to Purchase) costs. You will develop process with manufacturing sites to ensure accurate content of mod kits received.
In your role you will:
- Represent customer service within the organization, to the customer and suppliers, on all materials issues;
- Process all part requests;
- Solve issues with suppliers and supply management organization, assuming the responsibility for all site data including material on-hand, failed material, and warranty costs;
- Act as liason between field sites and manufacturing sites;
- Advise technical staff at the Bart program regarding materials management, warehousing, logistics and on site materials support and customer service;
- Implement systems to ensure that we minimize our costs through solid inventory management;
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations within the customer service team to improve business systems for managing inventory and planning materials requirements for Bart program;
- Oversee tracking of component warranty extension;
- Verify reliability and material on-hand data based on warranty claims and material consumed;
- Provide analysis to site manager, project management and the plant for action with suppliers;
- Assist PI team in the set up of warehousing and inventory management for the legacy program.
QualificationsAs our ideal candidate:
- You have two (2) years of work experience;
- You have knowledge of Maximo, MS Office Business Applications, Lotus Notes, SAP and Abode Writter;
- You have excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Material and Stock Control
Primary Location: US-NY-Plattsburgh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 11.01.2019, 4:14:04 PM
10.02.2019, 11:59:00 PM
Nearest Major Market: Plattsburgh
Job Segment: Claims, ERP, SAP, Supply, Project Manager, Technology, Insurance, Operations
Apply now »