Job ID: 2018-20773
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
a4 Media is driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
Our business-specific, internship program encourages students to put their knowledge into practice while they develop additional skills through experiential learning, team building events and structured feedsessions. Our goal is to provide today’s talent with the training, exposure and motivation needed to grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
The Software Development Intern is responsible for the timely completion of assigned systems and programming tasks to satisfy assigned requests. These tasks include writing code, testing, debugging, implementation, documentation and post-production deployment efforts to ensure quality assurance and strict adherence with established standards and procedures. Additionally, the Software Development Intern will be asked to analyze business problems or needs, leading up to and including designing, writing or maintaining program code to provide a solution.
- Completing a bachelor’s or master’s degree between December 2019 and June 2020 with preferred majors in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related technical discipline
- Application development and/or programming experience
- Experience designing schemas, integration patterns, messaging patterns, process flows
- Integrating with: sync/async services; Oracle, Web Svcs, LDAP, SSL; JSON, XML
- Unit/integration testing, documenting test results, supporting QA testing
- Experienced in Agile/SDLC methods, source code management using Subversion and Git
- Experience developing and deploying applications in a multi-tier environment
- Web/App server expertise consisting of, but not limited to the following: JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, ATG e-commerce, BCC
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.