See other vacant positions|Apply for this job
We are looking for an analytic and ready-to-take-action Financial Controller to Nordea Life Assurance Finland, subsidiary of Nordea and one of the greatest workplaces in the country.
We offer you a modern working environment, excellent colleagues and great opportunities to enhance your personal development, not to mention a challenging range of tasks and the prospects of different career paths provided by a big corporation.
In today’s world, change is the one thing you can count on. But whatever the future brings, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do. We aim to be courageous and explorative in our approach to innovating better ways of delivering banking and insurance services – anytime, anywhere. This means you’ll have many opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us.
Your future responsibilitiesNordea Life Assurance Finland is one of Finland’s biggest life insurance companies. We manage 17 billion euros in customer assets and our annual premium income is 1.4 billion euros. We are a part of the Nordea Life & Pensions group, which belongs to Nordea’s Asset & Wealth Management business area.
The Financial Control-function is responsible for the accounting and tax reporting of Nordea Life Assurance Finland and its wholly owned subsidiary, Nordea Insurance Finland. We are also in charge of financial reporting to the Nordea group and authorities, and we produce the companies´ financial and annual statements.
What you’ll be doing:
- As a Financial Controller, you are actively involved in the monthly closing and reporting processes and development of the processes
- You’ll work closely together with different stakeholders, responsible for providing data to our accounting and you ensure that we close our books within defined deadlines
- You ensure that our financial reporting follows laws and regulations, by analyzing the impact of changes in rules and regulations and implementing necessary changes to the accounting process
- You will also take part in developing our reporting tool; currently we are using Aditro Wintime. Our group reporting uses Hyperion Financial Management by Oracle
- You will have the chance to participate in development projects as an expert representing Finance and build as well as maintain relationships within and outside of Nordea
The role is based in Vallila. Nordea Life Assurance Finland was again this year selected as one of Finland’s greatest workplaces by Great Place to Work institute.
High-quality work and constant improvement are the foundations we build upon and we have also been awarded a ISO9001 certificate to prove this.
Who you areCollaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- We expect you to work in a goal-oriented, professional and achieving manner
- You are interested in financial reporting and you can provide high-quality results under time constraints
- You have analytical skills and an attention for details, but you are also able to understand the bigger picture
- You communicate fluently with different units and organizations, enabling a flexible cooperation within your networks
- On top of collaboration- and prioritization skills, we appreciate you having a command of Office tools, especially Excel, and technical knowledge e.g. VBA or SQL
- You take iniative in advancing development actions and in the spirit of constant improvement you highlight improvement needs in our procedures and processes
- You have an academic degree e.g. a Masters’ degree in Accounting, Finance or similar and a few years of relevant working experience
- You are able to work fluently in Finnish and in English, both verbally and in writing
- You are guided by curiosity and the will to learn new things, as well as a desire to succeed
Be curious and take up on this chance to come and thrive with us!
More informationAt nordea.com, you can read more about us, our business and our focus on integrating sustainability into everything we do.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 31.1.2019. Please note that we will proceed with potential candidates already during the application period.
For more information about the position, please contact Sebastian Huovila by telephone +358 50 3317696, during the following times: Fri 18.1. 12-14, Wed 23.1. 15-17, Fri 25.1. 12-14 or Wed 30.1. 14-16 or email email@example.com
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
See other vacant positions|Apply for this job