San Francisco, CA
Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionOur Business Development team builds and manages a global partner ecosystem including device manufacturers, network providers, developers, and retailers. With a passion for action-oriented analytics, we work together to establish product, commercial, and strategic partnerships that help Dropbox and its partners grow.
Role DescriptionAs a Platform Evangelist, you’ll be part of a dynamic and growing team tasked with driving the technical excellence and scale of the Dropbox platform. In this role, you’ll build on your technical and interpersonal skills in a hybrid experience in both engineering and business contexts. You’ll be responsible for attracting, engaging, and enabling developers to integrate best-of-breed collaboration solutions with Dropbox. You’ll act as an authority on the Dropbox Platform, crafting best practice content and trainings for the community, while at the same time diligently advocating on behalf of our developers internally to help expand the functionality of the platform to meet their needs.
Whether you are a software developer with a desire to teach others, a humanities major who’s been coding on the side, or anywhere in between, if owning a problem excites you as much as owning its solution, we want to hear from you.
- Build and disseminate technical enablement materials for developers, including how-to guides, reference architectures, code samples, and trainings
- Develop technical and business understanding of a wide range of integration use cases, ranging from security to collaboration, such that you can offer best-practices and mentorship to the developer community on how to architect solutions for users
- Develop and execute strategy to engage and grow our developer community across online forums – including Dropbox Forums, Stack Overflow, GitHub, and Twitter – as well as through in person meetups, trainings, and events
- Share your expertise and passion by speaking at events, conducting training sessions, and authoring technical content for developers across our blogs, forums, and twitter
- Surface strategic opportunities, influential developers, and potential partners pipeline to advance the brand and initiatives of the platform
- Be the voice of the developer internally during product discussions and evaluating priorities of bugs and feature requests.
- Relevant experience as an external-facing technologist at the intersection of product, engineering, and business (e.g. developer advocate, developer evangelist, technical support, sales engineer, solution architect, community management, product management)
- Comfortable building with the Dropbox APIs, creating code samples across languages, and debugging developer issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with experience writing technical content and explaining technical concepts
- Deep understanding and empathy for developers and customers, with genuine passion for enabling and advocating for developer success
- Self-starter with strong strategic intuition and excellent project management skills
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)