Mason, OH, US, 45040
Requisition ID: 88692
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Supporting over 4,500 retail stores in North America, a career in our retail headquarters allows us to stay in touch with the end customer and use their ever-changing behaviors and preferences to shape our offerings of the best eyewear and services.
GENERAL FUNCTION The Accountant participates in activities related to accounting and internal controls for Fixed Assets supporting Luxottica North America.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs timely and accurate recognition of capital expenditures and depreciation expense.
- Anticipates, recognizes, and acts on financial exposures and opportunities.
- Performs monthly closing activities including capital accruals and related depreciation accruals, op-ex vs cap-ex re-classes, project settlements and capital additions.
- Works closely with project managers to track bulk capital purchases and subsequent deployments.
- Supports remaining asset under construction balances and remaining capital inventory.
- Tracks capital project statuses and completion dates.
- Reviews expense accounts for capital mis-postings and troubleshoots price discrepancies and goods movement errors on fixtures inventory.
- Effectively communicates with management (i.e. risks, opportunities, status updates).
- Provides support as appropriate to key stakeholders, finance/accounting and external customers including auditors.
- Supports daily capital invoice processing function (including backfill when needed).
- Assume additional responsibilities and assist with special projects, as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to adapt to shifting and competing priorities
- Ability to analyze problems, to compile data, to determine facts and reach a logical conclusion
- Constructively challenges the process and takes the initiative to search for opportunities to grow, improve and innovate
- Strong time management, organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and deadline-oriented
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at 877-589-8253 (513-765-2256 outside of US) or email TalentLuxottica@luxotticaretail.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Administrative; Analyst; Call Center & Customer Service; Communications; Distribution; Engineering; Finance & Accounting; Human Resources; Information Technology; Learning & Development; Legal; Logistics; Manufacturing; Marketing; Optician; Optometry; Other; Product Buying & Planning; Product Design; Product Development; Production; Project Management; Public Relations; Purchasing; Quality Assurance; Research & Development; Retail Associate ; Retail Management; Sales / Account Management; Sales Associate; Strategy/Planning; Supply Chain
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Optometry, Retail Sales, Logistics, Supply, PR, Healthcare, Retail, Operations, Marketing