Job Description - Project Manager (004ZV9)
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
This position is accountable for managing basic Customer project orders in the Austin and San Antonio aras. This includes initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing of customer projects. Individual in this position confirms customer requirements, which includes drawings, specifications, job site requirements, bill of material alignment with specifications & clarify exceptions. Manages complete job process from order preparation, through manufacturing release, product shipment, post shipment support and financial reconciliation utilizing a base knowledge of Schneider Electric products and their use.
- Partners with Field Sales or higher level project management roles to review and validate the project’s purchase order and bill of material, including both technical and commercial elements, becomes lead contact for customer for balance of project order.
- Validates a project schedule and communicates with the customer to ensure expectations are being met. Direct engagement with the internal manufacturing facilities and third party vendors.
- Monitor the execution of the customer’s project order, verifying execution of the project through kick-off meetings, communication to all parties and exchange of technical requirements and project plan information.
- Monitor the performance of the customer’s project through its lifecycle. Key activities include task completion verification, project team monitoring, schedule reporting and issue resolution.
- Lead the closeout of the customer’s project to include financial reconciliation, verification of job site equipment arrival, installation, start-up, and training support completion through review of internal system information, contact with the customer, and coordination with support services such as field services, after-shipment support, and training functions.
- Compares/differentiates/propose alternate products with additional customer value. • Solves problems with customer interaction that results in positive feedback and improved relationship.
- Utilizes a base knowledge of Schneider Electric products and their use and demonstrates an understanding of the fundamental knowledge, processes and terminology needed for effective project management.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualifications This position requires a 4-year engineering degree in ME/EE/IE, or equivalent experience. Industry experience a plus. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to multi task, work in a fast paced environment and have time management skills. In addition, a good working knowledge of computer operating systems, specifically Windows. Standard business application software experience to include: MS Office, MS Excel and MS Access. CAPM certification a plus.
Other Locations:US-Texas-San Antonio