Intern, Marketing Operations JobApply now »
- Start apply with Xing
- Apply Now
Date: Dec 7, 2018
City:Palo Alto, CA, US
Requisition ID: 200517
Work Area: Marketing
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
COMPANY DESCRIPTIONSAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Purpose & Objective of PositionAs market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Expectations & TasksThe SAP Product Marketing Shared Services team is responsible for supporting and coordinating product marketing activities across all SAP platform and technology topics and teams, including Database and Data Management, Analytics, Cloud Platform, Cross Topics, Digital and Partner Marketing, and Platform Product (external) Communications. We’re looking for someone to join the team who will be exposed across different marketing functions within our shared services teams.
- Coordinate with project teams with assigned responsibilities to streamline processes and to reduce inefficiencies
- Maintain project documentation and best practice updates to relevant channels; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization’s leadership team and overall Product Marketing organization
- Support the product marketing teams on various strategic projects from planning, execution, and measuring/tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure project effectiveness
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders, informed of project progress, status, and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables
- Support team with customer tracking and recruitment for the SAP Innovation Awards and analyst activities
- Coordinate webinars using the ON24 platform for product marketing teams
- Support and manage product marketing solution sales enablement, customer reference, and content management tools
- Support the integration of Product Marketing topics into Tier 1 SAP events – including SAPPHIRE NOW and SAP TechEd -- by utilizing tracking tools to schedule sessions, ongoing engagement with other teams, creating assets for internal use
- Have the opportunity to support product marketing on site at select events and trade shows
Skills / Competencies
- Broad business perspective with demonstrated organizational and administrative skills
- Strong communication, analytic and interpersonal skills
- Up-to-date on latest technology in office environments
- Experienced in office software applications
- Project management experience a plus
- Knowledge of the software industry a plus
- Ability to manage projects and timelines, following up with key stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and manage expectations and timelines
- Ability to build, leverage and maintain a network of SAP internal and external contacts and working relationships
- Working knowledge of content development and developing an editorial calendar
- Works effectively in a complex matrix environment with virtual teams of high-level professionals.
- Business acumen - experienced in tactical execution of marketing plans with ability to deliver on goals.
Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or Masters in topic areas such as Marketing, Communications, Technical Communications, Marketing Communications, English, etc.
WHAT YOU GET FROM USSuccess is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations:Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Intern, ERP, Operations, Entry Level, Marketing, Technology
Apply now »
- Start apply with Xing
- Apply Now