Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
A typical day for the Business Management Intern will include: • Working within the France Business Unit: both with our Consumer team and our Merchant services team • Integrating a team of around 10 people with different focus on eCommerce verticals (Fashion, Digital goods, Travel…) who manage and optimize key accounts relationship (support account expansion via
What does Success Look Like?
- You have participated in defining the strategy to launch new successful consumer product
- You are involved in Business Development support and meet critical PayPal partners
- You tasks include analytical (benchmarks, analysis, recommendations ) and launching of new programs (Marketplace solutions; E-government; vouchers & cashback for Groceries)
- Your responsibilities include internal & external communication (update presentation, recommendations), business planning, reporting (analysis)
- You work closely with different PayPal departments and other geographies: Marketing, Finance, Legal, Product,
- You are flexible and willing to take on any challenge in front of you or your team with a high level of passion and creativity
- Engineering / Business schools Degree with a student or a recent graduate status,
- At least one previous work experience in Tech, e-commerce, entrepreneurship, banking or consulting.
- Data-driven with a hands-on personality.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent English & French
- Writing and analytical skills
- Team spirit, adaptability, proactivity, open-minded, good communication skills
- Start date: January 2019
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.