Job Type:Desktop Support
Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
At PayPal, we put people at the center of everything we do. The PayPal manager builds, develops, and retains a group of employees into becoming a high performing team that meets and exceeds performance goals. The manager drives world-class customer experience results through high impact coaching and development of their teammates. They engage with their direct reports and foster an open, collaborative environment in which developmental feedback and career coaching is a primary focus. The manager operates in a diverse and inclusive environment role modelling strong values and ethics. Is agile to the changing needs of our customers and supports and drives needs-based initiatives through effective communication, coaching, best practice sharing, and calibrations PayPal Corporate IT is looking for a Level 2 Desktop Support manager. This role will be primarily supporting Shanghai and regional sites including remote employees as well. As the Desktop Support manager, you will be responsible for the quality and day-to-day operations of the Level 2 Desktop Support Technicians across your team. This may include coaching junior technicians, advanced troubleshooting and coordination with Level 3 teams, and attending meetings for mini-projects based at the site.
Sets clear goals and measurement, drives team results to achieve/exceed organization goals/KPIs
- Coaches and empowers teammates to create exceptional customer experience and makes the right decisions within defined operational guidelines
- Utilizes behavioural based coaching model to include Situation Based Coaching and Trend Based Coaching to enable teammates to be successful in delivering great customer experiences and achieving goals
- Utilizes Situational Leadership skills to effectively adjust coaching style to the performance and knowledge level of the teammates being coached
- Develops teammates to their fullest potential by helping them succeed, providing development feedback and career coaching
- Utilizes Performance Development Planning process to enable teammates to set create and follow up on plans for teammate career development
- Utilizes effective time management skills to ensure effective prioritization of time to drive results through leveraging high impact coaching and development activities
- Creates an inclusive and trusting work environment and culture so teammates are motivated to perform at their highest level while bringing the best of themselves to work
- Prepares for and leads the required number of 1:1 coaching and team learning sessions and stand-ups/huddles that are interactive, engaging and teammate driven based upon developmental needs
- Actively participates in teammate selection and on-boarding, internal talent movement, and training needs assessment and closure of knowledge gaps
- Utilizes a diverse range of development methods (i.e., classroom, exposure, mentoring, on the job training and experience) to grow teammates
- Champions change in department / functional area by supporting others through the phases of change, communicates positively and consistently through the change
- Reviews, communicates and coaches to daily performance, quality, behavior and attendance standards at the individual and team level. Utilizes formal correction action procedures as required
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.