What makes a successful Presales Consultant at Micro Focus? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
Graduate Presales Technical Consultant - Application Delivery Management/DevOps - NORDICS
Location - Espoo, Finland
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivated pre-sales consulting team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape. #MyMicroFocus #TeamMicroFocus
The Graduate Presales Technical Consultant role is aligned to specific accounts or a set of accounts representing the full portfolio of Micro Focus Software and Solutions to address customer business needs through the full sales process. The TC role is the source of technical expertise for Micro Focus sales people and customers and engages other technical resources as needed to advance the sales cycle. The Technical Consultant works with the customer’s senior technology leaders and executives, delivering a high-level of technical/solutions expertise in order to offer the right solution to the customer in order that Micro Focus wins that business and provides an excellent level of total customer experience.
Role and responsibilities:
- Provide technical presales support to customers and sales team in multiple Micro Focus products and solution areas.
- Build and develop relationships with key technical influencers, decision makers, and top executives.
- Actively participate in ongoing account planning with the Micro Focus sales specialists in opportunity analysis, technical deal qualification and competitive analysis
- Maintain positive total customer experience (TCE)
- Technically support sales account team in competitive tenders.
- Support the sales team in creating and proposing the right solution and answering the technical sections and aspects of tenders, RFI and RFP customer requests.
- Maintain and manage a competitive and appropriate level of technical and professional competence.
- Regular reporting of activity and results.
Education and Experience Required:
We're looking for people who graduated from universities within the last 12 months or who will graduate within this academic year. Fluency in English (and local language) as well as proficient use of MS Office applications is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related discipline is a must (degree obtained on the last 12 months)
- Postgraduate degree in IT Service Management will be considered as a plus
- Practical related experience (max 12 months) or internship in a similar position will be considered advantageous
- Passion for technology and sales is a must
- Current knowledge of computer client technologies, hardware, Operating systems, Deployment and Management solutions
- Broader knowledge of the IT industry, technical directions and IT solutions.
- Solid communication, presentation, and time management skills.
- Good level of Technical English
- Fast learner with strong team-work spirit & positive thinking attitude
- Flexible to learn and develop new skills, competencies, and technical acumen
- Proactive with strong results orientation
- Ambitious, self-starter with future leadership potential
- Understanding of basic negotiation skills - able to balance risk and opportunity
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, demanding environment