New York, NY
A World-Changing CompanyAt Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more.
The RoleOut in the field, Palantirians are helping to solve the hardest problems at the world’s most important institutions. At home, they are constantly recreating a unique culture that makes this kind of work possible. On the Design team, the Web Developer will create tools and platforms that enable Palantirians to share their stories across a growing community and to a growing external audience. The Web Developer will combine expertise in user experience, information architecture, as well as web and graphic design to produce artful, innovative products across a variety of mediums that reflect the company’s engineering mindset.
As owner of Palantir.com (http://palantir.com/), the Web Developer will be responsible for our company’s foremost channel of communication with the rest of the world. The website is intended to be a living medium for content that represents Palantir’s identity and engineering standards in both its design and execution.
- Own the existing portfolio of web-based communication platforms, including Palantir.com (http://palantir.com/) and its microsites.
- Design and develop web-based projects and interactive displays with an emphasis on rich interaction.
- Independently manage projects, end-to-end, with excellent communication and organization.
- Maintain productive, collaborative relationships with creative partners and internal customers.
- Collaborate with designers, photographers, engineers, writers, and videographers to create interactive digital storytelling pieces.
What We Value
- A passion for creating a great user experience with pixel perfect attention to detail
- Strong comprehension of information architecture and editorial disciplines and methodologies
- Strong understanding of front-end interactive design solutions for back-end data systems
- Mastery of project concept creation, site architecture, user-interface specification, functionality specification and interactive design
- Strong understanding of responsive design, capabilities of different platforms and browsers, and their design constraints
- Strong time management and creative resource management capabilities
- A portfolio of representative work in user experience, interaction, and visual design (experience working with clients is a plus
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Apply for this job