At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires us to work with a dynamic network of Retail, HR, Marketing, Tech and Operations partners. We help others understand finance and are trusted business advisors. We employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision.
The Amazon EU Student Programs Team are looking for Finance Interns to work alongside, and support managers gaining a deep insight into the financial systems, processes and controls used to record Amazon’s growing volume of daily, weekly and monthly transactions.
You will learn how Finance supports the various business teams in forecasting and analyzing actual financial results, managing the external reporting of Amazon’s quarterly financial statements and inputting to the launch of new customer-focused initiatives to ensure customers can find and discover anything and everything they want online.
Application and Assessment Process
Eligible candidates will be invited to attend an online assessment and successful candidates will be invited to attend a video interview. The final stage of the selection process will be a full day assessment center based at one of Amazon’s offices. This selection process is subject to change but you will be notified if any changes are made.
- Studying towards a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Working towards a degree in Finance, Accounting, Business and/or similar discipline focused on analytics
- Analytical acumen and interpersonal and communication skills and be someone who is comfortable with ambiguity and working with large databases
- Experience in Excel (basic functions i.e., sum, if, pivots, lookups)
- Experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using Excel
- Solid experience demonstrating problem-solving and root cause analysis
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and solutions
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos)
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.