Are you a big-picture problem solver who loves setting results-oriented goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group ensuring the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, comprehensive user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices! The Core OS Energy Technologies organization is looking for a versatile and passionate software engineer to join our test engineering team! As a critical member of the team, you will be working closely with software technologies in system charging and inductive power across multiple platforms. You will be tightly integrated within the development teams, your responsibilities will span across all phases of software delivery process of Apple’s products, from early design to product launch and beyond. Through ownership of the overall test strategy, you’ll become intimately familiar with one or more major technologies of system charging, taking on responsibilities of test plan development, test execution, framework and tool development, automation, along with influencing design decisions in production SW/FW.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience in software development and testing
- Experienced in C, C++ and/or Objective C
- Test development and automation experience in python and python frameworks
- Understanding of embedded architecture
- Experience in testing and automation of embedded systems and firmware
- Excellent understanding of computer architecture and operating systems concepts
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills in large cross-functional team environments
- Skilled in test plan development and execution through the software development life cycle
- Familiarity with bug triage
Devise and execute a testing strategy for one or more major technologies/features in the charging domain Quickly gain a deep understanding of the design, requirements and architecture of charging Influence inclusion of testability into the software design Develop and automate unit, functional and system-level tests Define and drive quality metrics to track progress and improvements throughout the SDLC Collaborate cross-functionally with peer test, QA and validation teams across Apple Assess and represent end-user impact of issues, shaping key product decisions Explore novel approaches to create new test frameworks, automation and infrastructure to streamline code development and testing
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in computer science or related field
- Additional Qualifications
- Familiarity with battery management systems, power management and charging concepts are a plus
- Experience with ML, SQL, big data is a plus
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $115,000 and $217,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.