The successful candidate will join a highly skilled team of project support engineers providing technical infrastructure support to central and regional UK Government users. The role will require a flexible working ethic and a pragmatic approach to IT support.
Successful candidates will have a second/third line support background and great customer service and communication skills. They will have a keen interest in innovation alongside a willingness to implement new ways of working and automation.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project.
- Understands a broad spectrum of the company's technology, Windows 2000 to 2016, VMware ESXi and Hyper V servers, in order to deliver part of a detailed technical design, which meets customer requirements.
- Tasks may include installing new systems applications; updating applications, firmware, and drivers; creating boundaries for as well as performing configuration and testing activities.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, VMware vCenter, VMWare ESXi and Windows PKI, among others.
- Works with minimal direction from the technical lead and with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Contributes to design for specific deliverables and assists in the development of technical solutions.
- Participates as part of a team and maintains good relationships with team members, internal DXC Teams and customers.
- Uses knowledge tools and re- uses information for the benefit of projects, and of professional development.
Education and ExperienceBachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience. May hold entry-level or intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 2-5 years of relevant experience.
Candidates should possess at least Disclosure Scotland / BPSS clearance or be willing to undertake appropriate security vetting. Ideally, you will hold SC clearance as a minimum but there may be a requirement to undergo DV Clearance .
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Windows Server 2003 to 2012 R2
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Windows PKI
- VMware vSphere and ESXi
- Veritas Clustering
- Microsoft Clustering
- Great customer service
- Good understanding of networks and Domain Structure
Desirable skills and knowledge/certifications
- Any Microsoft / Citrix / VMWare certification
- Wider understanding of client or midrange OSes, networking, and security
- PowerShell scripting
- McAfee ePO
- Hyper V
- HP BladeSystem, or similar blade servers / blade chassis and interconnect technologies
- HP Cloud Service Automation, or similar self-service cloud management technology
- HP Server Automation, or similar system configuration / software deployment technology
- Symantec Datacentre Security, or similar security policy enforcement product