Juniper Mist groupThe Juniper Mist solution is set to transform IT with AI-driven operations and support; assure the best wireless LAN, wired LAN, and SD-WAN experiences with unprecedented scale, agility, resiliency and performance; revolutionize antiquated architectures that traditional solutions are built on; and address today’s diverse enterprise needs.
Juniper Mist solves this with a combination of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science techniques, a revolutionary approach to leverage AI-driven automation and insight, coupled with the agility and reliability of a microservices cloud to deliver optimized experiences and simplified network operations. Data is ingested from numerous sources, including Juniper Mist Access Points, Switches, and Firewalls for end-to-end insight into user experiences. These devices work in concert with Mist AI to optimize user experiences from client-to-cloud, including automated event correlation, root cause identification, Self-Driving Network™ operations, network assurance, proactive anomaly detection, and more. Now IT teams can streamline operations and simplify user and device troubleshooting across the wireless access, wired access, and SD-WAN domains.
OverviewThe Engineer I - Multidisciplinary track is a fresh program at Juniper Mist Engineering department specifically designed for entry level engineers. The candidate, once hired, will work on multiple projects across different engineering fields: software development, DevOps, quality assurance, etc., and then match with a team. This position allows the prospect to first build a comprehensive view of modern, complex organic cloud AI systems before diving into a specialty.
- Work with mentors to complete engineering coding projects in the given timeframe.
- Example projects may include (but not limited to):
- Automate internal processes to simplify engineering operations
- Design test plans and automate test cases for continuous end-to-end coverage
- Understand the Mist UI and API architecture to be able to fix and improve the current design
- Develop backend software that runs on AWS and GCP public clouds to manage and monitor network devices
- Utilize APIs to develop tools to maintain/monitor the production cloud systems – SQL/NoSQL/Streaming/Batch pipeline
- Develop real-time data pipeline using Flink and Apache Storm Topology and batch processing using Spark jobs
- Build and deploy tools to drive massive scale cloud
- Present project results to the team
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- <2 years experience in software development or QA or DevOps or other CS related fields
- Solid Python (preferred) or Java programming skills
- Linux and Git
- Curious and eager to learn
- Hands-on and independent