Job Description:DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) helps global companies run their mission critical systems and operations while modernizing IT, optimizing data architectures, and ensuring security and scalability across public, private and hybrid clouds. With decades of driving innovation, the world’s largest companies trust DXC to deploy the Enterprise Technology Stack to deliver new levels of performance, competitiveness, and customer experiences. Learn more about the DXC story and our focus on people, customers and operational execution at .
DXC helps enterprises modernize their IT estate to meet business demands with services for public, hybrid, and multicloud environments and cloud platforms. DXC partners with AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and VMware for cloud infrastructure and SAP and Red Hat for cloud platforms. Our cloud strategy and migration services ensure enterprises have a business case for IT investments and a tailored plan for migration, transformation, and optimization to enable a successful cloud journey.
The entire Airbus Private Cloud project is currently operated in 4 European countries, each with local staff. Coordination is constantly required between these countries in order to operate the cloud environment in the best possible way. The German support team consists of 2 groups. Group 1 contains the cloud operators, who represent the 1st level support. Group 2, the so-called Cloud Engineers, represent the 2nd level and partly also the 3rd level support. The team works locally from the Airbus Defence & Space site in Ottobrunn.
Summary of the jobThe area of work covers a broader framework of the entire IT infrastructure, with excellent opportunities to acquire new, specifically necessary knowledge. The applied cloud technology is state of the art and based on that of AWS Cloud Technology but supplemented by the necessary security-relevant framework conditions of a globally operating company in civil and defense technology.
Hiring location: Germany, Dornach area
Here, you will make an impact by:
- Maintaining the functionality of the cloud environment
- Problem analysis of the cloud environment (hardware and applications)
- Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Processing of customer requests
- Creation and update of necessary documentation
Qualifications & Behaviors:
- Good overall IT infrastructure knowledge
- Knowledge in the cloud area
- Basic hardware knowledge (Switches, Server, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of scripting
- Windows Server administration
- Unix Server administration
What we offer you:
- An attractive salary package.
- Training and mentoring to support the implementation projects.
- The chance to work regularly at the customer's site and to become part of a highly motivated team with broad experience in SaaS solutions.
- Lived values that make us one of the most attractive employers worldwide - Top 25 of Comparably's list of companies with "Best Global Culture 2021" and Top 50 in "Best CEO 2020" ranking.
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and products in state of art enterprise environments, providing services to a variety of worldwide customers' infrastructures.
- In addition, DXC Technology stands for equal opportunities and offers employees the compatibility of family and work as well as continuous development opportunities.