This role has been designated as ‘Office’, which means you will primarily work from an HPE office.
Job Description:Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity.
HPE Aruba Networking Business unit is looking for a self-motivated, results oriented Product Engineer to join our Supply Chain Engineering team. He/she is responsible for ensuring that our new products are seamlessly introduced to production and meet all of the manufacturing schedule, cost, quality, and performance goals established at the beginning of the project. This position requires extensive interface with all department and cross-functional partners involved in the development and introduction of new Networking Products. This individual is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining methods, operation sequences for the end to end processes relating to product assemblies and product packaging.
- Reviews and evaluates product assemblies designs and project activities for compliance with manufacturing guidelines and standards;
- Identify and drive process and assembly improvements associated with new product introductions and sustaining manufacturing operation;
- Provides tangible feedback to improve product manufacturability and mitigate risk of product assembly difficulties and defects;
- Work closely with designers, suppliers and manufacturing partners to ensure essential responsibilities are realized.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Possess 4 to 6 years of experience in a new product introduction/manufacturing environment with DFM skills preferably in PCBA, mechanical assemblies and/or product packaging
Knowledge and Skills:
- Preferably has experience with new product bring-up at both local and global manufacturing partners, working with cross-functional design teams;
- Those with mechanical and/or product packaging design and development knowledge will have added advantage;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; good communicator in new product development meetings with cross-functional design teams and manufacturing partners;
- Ability to effectively communicate manufacturing architectures, plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and leadership.
Job Level: Intermediate
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.