About Prysmian GroupPrysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry. Each year, the Group manufactures thousands of miles of underground and submarine cables and systems for power transmission and distribution, as well as medium-low voltage cables for the construction and infrastructure sectors. We also produce a comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables, and connectivity for voice, video, and data transmission forthe telecommunication sector.
We are almost 29.000 employees, across 52 countries. Everyone at Prysmian Group has the potential to make their mark; because whatever you do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a company that is helping transform the world around us. Make Your Mark Video Identify new sales opportunities by building a value proposition for solutions into the account
Team Overview and Job ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a bright engineer to join our Italy R&D Product Specification technical team, as R&D Common Analysis Key User Engineer; the resource will be based in Merlino (LO) and will be supporting all the Italian-based factories. The responsibility of the team is:
- to provide all technical support to the Sales department to enable an adequate offer to all customer inquiries;
- to ensure the correct definition of product costing, considering designs, bill of materials, and routing;
- to represent the Company in National technical committees;
- to closely cooperate with Product Development and Materials in the definition of new products to cope with market requests and opportunities;
The successful candidate is curious, eager to learn about cable making industry - through proper training and coaching on the job by senior colleagues and direct manager – has a very proactive approach, resilience to face challenging situations/targets, and ability to cooperate with different functions inside a complex organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using specific software (Common Analysis or SAP):
design electrical cables in each detail, type of materials, and performances according to the customer request;
generate the related Bill of Material and manufacturing Routing of the cables;
make and update List Costs to be used by Commercial department;
make and update Project rules of different cable families;
take in charge of Customer Offers reading the Technical specifications, give the correct selection of cables and create Technical documentation (datasheet, technical bid evaluation sheets, deviations to Commercial Dept):
collaborate with Product development teams (e.g. create prototypes analysis);
- Support commercial and quality department in technical bid evaluation phases;
- Interface with the factory to implement their specific needs/changes in process;
- Make base electrical calculations related to the main characteristics of the cables (ampacity, capacitance);
- Fresh Graduate or 1-2 years of experience (preferred) as a process engineer, production engineer, continuous improvements;
- Preferably master’s degree in Electrical, Electrotechnical, Electronic or Materials Engineer;
- Basic knowledge of production processes and of the main polymeric and metallic materials used.
Nice to have:
- Previous knowledge of the cable-making industry would be considered a plus. Depending on the former experience, the role can be adapted.
- Knowledge of the construction standards applicable to Low and Medium Voltage, Instrumentation, and Control cables for industrial and civil applications.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.