Position SummaryManage and coordinate the efforts of the Process Engineering and the Maintenance groups in order to provide technical and maintenance support to the NA manufacturing and distribution operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide process, equipment, maintenance, and facilities support for the manufacturing and distribution operations so that necessary KPI’s are met.
- Develop new and improved processes for reducing cost and/or improving quality.
- Maintain local facilities in order to maximize the value of Draka Elevator Products’ assets.
- Provide leadership and direction in the implementation of the Total Productive Maintenance system.
- Work closely with supervisors and operating personnel to stay abreast of current problems and take corrective action. Be available for emergency problems on a three-shift basis.
- Initiate actions and projects necessary to maintain and improve the quality and effectiveness of the manufacturing and distribution equipment, tooling, and processes.
- Establish methods, processes, documentation and equipment needed to achieve company goals of producing quality products at profitable costs.
- Conduct formal and informal training programs for supervisors and operators on production equipment and processes to continuously improve quality and production rates of all manufactured products.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the capital expenditure program. Express the need to management for new manufacturing and distribution equipment and methods. Provide necessary justification and design criteria.
- Work with and assist product engineering, maintenance, and plant management in areas of: raw material selection, product design, improvement of production lines, processing order inquiries, and all aspects of experimentation on new designs, materials, tooling and processes.
- Stay well informed of new technological developments in equipment and processes through contacts with professional societies, professional and trade journals, educational programs, and equipment suppliers.
- Assist in design, specification, layout, documentation, and installation of equipment to assure compliance with requirements. Provide supervisors, operators, and maintenance personnel with appropriate training for installed equipment.
- Provide engineering technical assistance and training to the maintenance department as needed to include direction of maintenance project teams on designated engineering project assignments.
- Provide engineering support to self-directed work teams, corrective action teams, continuous improvement teams, and safety related programs.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Supervisory skills - supervise small group of 2 to 4 technical personnel
- Basic engineering skills - mechanical and electrical
- Knowledge of cable manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and SMED (set-up reduction) concepts
- B.S. in engineering required: manufacturing, electrical or mechanical.
- 3 to 4 years experience in manufacturing or process engineering required
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.