Location(s): United States of America
Travel Required: 00% - 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Job Posting End Date: December 30, 2021
Shift:Job Description Summary:
Position OverviewThe Coca-Cola Company. Our vision is loved brands, created sustainably, for a better shared future. We strive to provide cutting-edge excellence in ingredients, innovation and design, and marketing.
It’s an extremely exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company’s Flagship Market, Coca-Cola North America! We’re accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment, and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
As a Quality Technician you will be responsible to perform various testing of raw materials, packaging, and manufactured goods to ensure Company’s specification and quality standards are met.
Job Functions and Key Technical Skills
- Perform inspection of ingredients, products, and packaging materials to verify weight, density, stress, dimensions, torque, strength, etc.
- Prepare beverages as well as conduct taste and odor tests in accordance with sensory guidelines.
- Clean and sanitize tanks utilizing technology (e.g., computer-guided processes).
- Manually clean equipment to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices, Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Operate sit-down forklift to perform quality-related job functions.
- Maintain cleanliness in department and work area
- Promote Lab Safety while operating Laboratory/Analytical Instrumentation
- Perform troubleshooting to ensure technical specifications are within set parameters
- Measure instrument variation and apply corrections to ensure accuracy and precision
- Conduct peer training of new associates.
- Cross train to provide support for other manufacturing functions
- Facilitate QA checks of the water filtration/systems
- Responsible for conducting and participating in GMP and system audits
- Complete training in Food Safety Regulations (i.e. company, local, national, and international food safety regulations)
- High School or General Education Diploma
- Minimum 2 years position related experience
- Work performing Quality/Inspection detail in various industries to include but not limited to Food/Beverage Manufacturing, Consumer Packaged Goods, Chemical and Product Supply, Healthcare, Food Service Kitchens, Produce or Meat Retail Outlets
- Move and lift material weighing 55 pounds to distances of 10 feet or better
- Must possess ability to push and pull force of 80lbs.
- Subject to working extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Will perform physical tasks such as kneeling, bending, stretching etc.
- Required to stand and walk for extended periods in extreme temperatures
- Will be expected to perform all other duties as assigned to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of products, processes, and work environment.
- Able to work independently
The Coca-Cola Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Skills:Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.