Job Description:Application Engineer
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the WorldChoosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“For more than 30 years at 3M, I’ve seen firsthand how it’s a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact we’re making around the world” – Mike Roman, chief executive officer and chairman of the board at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As an Application Engineer, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Perform system administration activities, which include configuring 3M HIS applications and interfaces, consulting on application workflows and complying with the individual policies and requirements of a portfolio of clients.
- Research and comprehend 3M HIS application and interface configuration options, with respect to real-world outcomes and business impact.
- Understand client requirements: evaluate possible solutions and implement and/or recommend extensible ones that support the client’s business objectives.
- Perform analysis, troubleshooting, testing, and issue resolution in support of multiple clients for multiple supported applications.
- Design and direct customer testing efforts and ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Utilize software tools and logs to monitor network and system health with a focus on application stability and performance.
- Cooperate with 3M HIS application support and implementation teams to resolve customer usability issues.
- Create and update client-facing and internal documentation (runbooks, wiki); write root cause analysis reports and lead after action reviews related to system outages, etc.
- Deliver monthly or quarterly Health Status reports to clients covering application, infrastructure, and security performance.
- Track and document your work clearly and efficiently within required incident management systems.
- Ensure that all expected service level agreements and turnaround times are met.
- Train other team members in the day-to-day operational support duties related to the 3M Managed Cloud.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited university OR High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and a minimum of Eight (8) years of experience in web-based application implementation or support, cloud computing and/or network engineering in lieu of the bachelor’s degree education requirement.
- A minimum of Four (4) years of experience in troubleshooting and configuring software applications and interfaces, using one of the following: IIS, .Net, Tomcat, Apache or other Web Server technologies?
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience in implementing or supporting 360 Encompass System, including HealthShare and HL7 interfaces.
- Knowledge of Cloud AWS technologies and concepts such as Lambda, s3, IAM, VPC, SSM, AMIs, EC2, RDS, EBS
- Demonstrated ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Knowledge of and experience with monitoring applications, servers, and/or networks.
- AWS SysOps Administrator, Solutions Architect or Cloud Practitioner Certification (or equivalent work experience).
- Ability to juggle multiple internal and external requests in a calm, friendly and efficient way.
- Experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting network configurations.
- Understanding of and experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications in cloud environments, preferably in AWS.
- Ability to treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and good ethics; uphold organizational values.
Travel: May include up to 10% domesticRelocation Assistance: Not Authorized
Location: Albany, NY- Atlanta, GA - and or RemoteMust be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for YouFor more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.