3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
Job Description:The person filling the Cybersecurity Operations Center Middle-Senior Analyst role will join 3M’s Information Security, Risk and Compliance organization as part of a team focused on the ongoing development and operations of 3M’s global Cybersecurity Operations Center. You will help support day to day operations, monitoring and responding to security threats and risks, provide in-depth incident evaluation & analysis, and will provide pro-active threat hunting and intelligence research. This position will be operating in our Cybersecurity Operations Center; some weekend and after-hours work will be required.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide second level Cybersecurity Incident analysis, handling, and response activities.
- Collaborate with end-user and/or system administrators to apply the proper remediation or containment measures on business assets.
- Work in conjunction with security solutions specialist (SMEs) to provide feedback and requirements on security technologies including Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, Firewalls and Log Analysis, SIEM, Network Behavior Analysis Tools, Antivirus, Network Packet Analyzers, Malware Analysis, and Forensic Tools.
- Work with security solutions specialists to identify points where incident detection or response can be further automatized, or possible scenarios where a use case is giving false positives.
- Collaborate on Threat Hunting activities to evaluate and detect potential malicious activity.
- Provide initial digital forensic capabilities, such as relevant artifact identification and gathering.
- Working on-call shifts (on rotation program).
- University Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field from a recognized college or university.
- 2 years working on a corporate IT department, with preferably one year working in Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC).
- Experience with SIEM use case tuning and reporting FP alerts.
- Experience analyzing events from any of the following tools: Firewall, IPS, EDR solutions, Windows Events and/or Web Proxies.
- Experience working cybersecurity incidents in an IT organization environment.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English technical incident reports as well as executive summaries.
- Security related certification such as Security+, CySa+, or similar.
- Experience performing real time response on Linux and Windows systems.
- Knowledge on AWS and/or Azure services.
- Ability to identify and assess foreseeable internal and external risks to the security, confidentiality, and availability of information and systems using a documented process.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, technical, and troubleshooting skills
Supporting Your Well-being3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Imagine your future in 3MAt 3M, inspiration happens daily. Here, science is how the magic happens. Except it is not magic, it is the right science, applied in the right way by the people of 3M. Here, your ideas help shape everyday lives around the globe. Here, you matter. You inspire. Challenge. Create. Thrive. Here, you go. Apply now and discover inspired opportunities! Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.3M es un empleador que ofrece las mismas oportunidades. 3M no discriminará a ningún solicitante de empleo por razones de raza, color, edad, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad o expresión de género, origen nacional, discapacidad o estado de veterano.Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.