- The Front Office Solutions team provides market-leading solutions for Portfolio Managers and Traders that span the Portfolio Lifecycle. Our products, Portfolio Management Platform (PMP), FactSet OMS, Portware/FactSet EMS, and Analytics APIs, can be integrated or used individually with other products that clients are using. From analysis through execution, we build solutions that power the front-office.
The Trading Solutions - Engineering team is modernizing the front end and end infrastructure of our Portware Enterprise trading platform while simultaneously integrating FactSet’s best of breed product suites to empower client workflows. We are currently seeking a ‘Senior Software Engineer’ to be part of our team responsible for this major rewrite effort to migrate from the current monolithic server infrastructure to modern cloud native micro services that are multi tenant, auto scalable and distributed.
- Design and develop micro services to meet functional, stability and scalability requirements
- Adopt test driven development methodologies and write automated unit and integration tests
- Work in agile team environment and coordinate with architects, engineering leads, managers and product managers
- Mentor and assist other junior engineers in design, implementation and code reviews
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
Minimum 5 years of Core Java programming experience in building server side platform for real time enterprise wide applications
Understanding of Core Java APIs, including collections, multi-threading and real time messaging technologies
Experience in using AWS cloud tech stack. AWS Developer or Solutions Architect certificate is a huge plus
Knowledge of financial equity or derivatives products, market data feeds, trade lifecycle and post trade processing, portfolio management, order and execution management systems
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
FactSet is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity