BTU Analytics, a FactSet company, is a team of curious, highly driven individuals who want to figure out the answers to the most complex questions in the energy industry. Our business is to deliver critical, timely analysis of fundamental information to our client base of private equity, producers, midstream companies and end users through thoughtful products and customized analytics. BTU Analytics innovates and analyzes what matters to the market now and in the future. Team members are given the opportunity to explore the energy industry from the unique perspective of advising the most influential participants in the market.
Being a software engineer at FactSet is to shape the future of investments technology. Join the Deep Sector application team to help build our content collection pipeline to capitalize on automation and support human-assisted collection tools for the Deep Sector content set
We’re looking for hard-working and out-of-the-box thinkers from all software engineering disciplines to bring new perspective and fresh ideas to our team. Engineers are aligned with specific teams where they design and implement applications for integration within the FactSet product suite and deployment to investment professionals worldwide.
Our engineers find the right balance between FactSet's flexible environment where everyone can contribute individually, yet at the same time cultivate a community where they can depend on each other for help, learning, and development.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of data structures and algorithms, object-oriented programming, and software engineering principles.
- Ensuring that deployed products are properly maintained throughout their lifecycle
- Use Python, Angular or Vue and other related technologies to develop server-side solutions, such as APIs.
- Must be able to write SQL queries
- Participate in design and code reviews of multiple projects across teams
- Position requires to participate in 24/7 on-call support on a rotation basis with the team
- Should be quick leaner and open to learn new things
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Experience with Python
- Experience building and deploying production level services
- Keep up to date with any legislation
What You Can Expect When Joining FactSet’s Engineering Community:
- A comprehensive training program that begins on your first day with FactSet
- Support from your manager and teammates
- Open lines of communication that foster collaboration
- Mentorship from tenured Engineers
- Opportunity to build your FactSet network from day one through various events (virtually or in person)
- An emphasis on continuous learning and professional development
Why Life is Better as a FactSetter:
- FactSet looks to foster a globally inclusive culture. From leadership commitment, to employee led resource groups, FactSet has diversity, equity, and inclusion as a priority. Read more about our priorities here:
- FactSet believe giving back to our communities is part of our culture. From volunteer opportunities to working with non-profit partners, you can read more about our commitments here:
- Secure your future with our discounted employee stock purchase program and 401K matching
- 4 weeks paid time off your first year of employment
- No or low cost medical, dental and vision care
- Reimbursement for eligible expenses related to the CFA, CIPM, CAIA and FRM exams
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and more
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for the primary caregiver (4 weeks for secondary)
- Employee referral bonuses
- And more!
Salary Range: $85,000 - 90,000 USD
At FactSet, we celebrate diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. We are committed to disrupting bias and a transparent hiring process. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. FactSet participates in E-Verify.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FactSet is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity